Radisson Resort Port Canaveral

collegekid

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Resort in Port Canaveral lately? We stayed there in 2003 before our cruise, it was alright, but nothing great. Our room wasn't in the best shape, but it did serve its purpose. I've heard some iffy things about the property lately, but I'm thinking about giving it another try before our next cruise since it is close to the port and has the shuttle.

Thank you!

We stayed there one night before and one night after our honeymoon cruise in June. The parking and the shuttle were FREE which alone made the stay worth while. We stayed in two different basic standard rooms (one before the cruise and one after) and they were SPOTLESS and very luxurious. They have those new "comfort adjustable" beds and they are fabulous. We played with the controls on the bed for at least 30 minutes. It was so much fun. We slept so good and the room was so cozy. It had a little loveseat in it so we kept our luggage off the floor and easy to get to.

When you check in, let them know you will be on the shuttle and tell them what time you want to go to the ship. They always have 2 or 3 going at once so you never have to wait more than 10-15 minutes if you are signed up. There is always plenty of room so you can pick the time you want to go to your ship. If you are sailing Carnival, the earliest one leaves at 11:30 (I think...). We always take the noon one and are on board ASAP. They tell you you can't go to your room on the ship until 1:30 but we always go right away. They never say anything to you about it. One thing to remember about the shuttle is "last one on...first one off" because they load your luggage in the attached trailer and it can be a squeeze if it's packed. Just ask the guy with the clipboard (I think his name is Carlos and he has long dark hair) loading the shuttle up if you can be last on. He is very to the point but VERY friendly. I would be too if I lived on Cocoa Beach. He will let you. The shuttle ride is only about 10 minutes max. Not too bad. The earlier you go, the less the wait to board the ship. Printing your fun pass for Carnival saves you lots of time too.

Anyways, the Radisson is soooo nice and make sure you ask for a military discount if you have a military ID or DD-214. We got our room in June for 99/nt. Ask for any discounts you can because they don't tell you and there are a couple. The pool has a gorgeous swim-under waterfall and a secluded hot tub and the pool bar is set down in the ground and very lovely. Your best bet there is to bring your own alcohol and drinks because they are kinda pricey but very good if you ask them to hook you up. They also have an indoor bar near the lobby that is very nice. Tropical music is always playing and to me it is tropical paradise. I am from Florida and have hit a lot of the really nice beach resorts and this one definitely rates at the top. I am extremely picky about where we stay and expect perfection and this one passes.

Make sure you make time to go down to the pier and go body surfing and have a cocktail by the live band out on the pier. My hubby and I plan to go back to stay just for the hotel...that is if we can avoid a cruise... I've been there twice in the last 3 months and will try to answer any questions you have.

Sorry. Kinda lengthy but very worth-while. Have fun!!

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed there one night before and one night after our honeymoon cruise in June. The parking and the shuttle were FREE which alone made the stay worth while. We stayed in two different basic standard rooms (one before the cruise and one after) and they were SPOTLESS and very luxurious. They have those new "comfort adjustable" beds and they are fabulous. We played with the controls on the bed for at least 30 minutes. It was so much fun. We slept so good and the room was so cozy. It had a little loveseat in it so we kept our luggage off the floor and easy to get to.

When you check in, let them know you will be on the shuttle and tell them what time you want to go to the ship. They always have 2 or 3 going at once so you never have to wait more than 10-15 minutes if you are signed up. There is always plenty of room so you can pick the time you want to go to your ship. If you are sailing Carnival, the earliest one leaves at 11:30 (I think...). We always take the noon one and are on board ASAP. They tell you you can't go to your room on the ship until 1:30 but we always go right away. They never say anything to you about it. One thing to remember about the shuttle is "last one on...first one off" because they load your luggage in the attached trailer and it can be a squeeze if it's packed. Just ask the guy with the clipboard (I think his name is Carlos and he has long dark hair) loading the shuttle up if you can be last on. He is very to the point but VERY friendly. I would be too if I lived on Cocoa Beach. He will let you. The shuttle ride is only about 10 minutes max. Not too bad. The earlier you go, the less the wait to board the ship. Printing your fun pass for Carnival saves you lots of time too.

Anyways, the Radisson is soooo nice and make sure you ask for a military discount if you have a military ID or DD-214. We got our room in June for 99/nt. Ask for any discounts you can because they don't tell you and there are a couple. The pool has a gorgeous swim-under waterfall and a secluded hot tub and the pool bar is set down in the ground and very lovely. Your best bet there is to bring your own alcohol and drinks because they are kinda pricey but very good if you ask them to hook you up. They also have an indoor bar near the lobby that is very nice. Tropical music is always playing and to me it is tropical paradise. I am from Florida and have hit a lot of the really nice beach resorts and this one definitely rates at the top. I am extremely picky about where we stay and expect perfection and this one passes.

Make sure you make time to go down to the pier and go body surfing and have a cocktail by the live band out on the pier. My hubby and I plan to go back to stay just for the hotel...that is if we can avoid a cruise... I've been there twice in the last 3 months and will try to answer any questions you have.

Sorry. Kinda lengthy but very worth-while. Have fun!!

Short question: what is the pier you speak of?

Collegekid

Great information on the Radisson thanks:D , we will be staying there also.

I was wondering if you could also answer a few questions for us.

Are there any good places to eat breakfast & dinner?

Also is there a store where we can buy alcohol near the hotel?

Collegekid

Great information on the Radisson thanks:D , we will be staying there also.

I was wondering if you could also answer a few questions for us.

Are there any good places to eat breakfast & dinner?

Also is there a store where we can buy alcohol near the hotel?

We stayed at the Radisson pre-cruise in July - had the 1 bedroom king jacuzzi suite. It was nice.

As for breakfast, the Radisson has a wonderful breakfast buffet. They have package deals where you can include the breakfast with your room rate. Or, if you prefer you can purchase separately but we found it cheaper to include the buffet in our room rate. (We did not have any discounts.)

We ate next door at Kelsey's Pasta and Pizza one night and it was just ok. I've heard great reviews about Grills which is at the port right on the water. We actually went there for dinner but they were so busy we didn't stay. We ended up eating at Durango's a WONDERFUL steak house further south on A1A.

As for the booze - there are several convenience liquor stores (7-11, Circkle K) right down the street on A1A. In fact, we went to the Circle K and loaded up on water and soda pre-cruise. There is also a Publix further down A!A if you want more variety and cheaper prices.

I hope this helps!

Archived