Blissful Bedding

Gawga Girl

In the 2007 Celebrity Alaska Brochure, there is this quote:

"Every Celebrity bed is delightfully appointed with fine bedding that the most discerning travelers have come to expect. A pillowtop mattress, plush duvet, and 100% Egyptian cotton linens offer a comfortable retreat after each eventful day."

We look forward to this improvement. You may read about it on page 28 of Alaska 2007 Brochure.

How were you able to get the 2007 Alaska brochure? When I called Celebrity and asked them to send me a 2007 they said they just got them in and would mail one to me. When I actually received the brochure in the mail it was the Alaska 2006. I called them back re-requesting the new 2007 and the representative I spoke with said "No, we don't have the 2007 Alaska in yet, I don't know who told you that." The Celebrity website still shows the 2006.

Who did you get yours from?

Thanks

I placed the request on Celebrity's Web page. I received both the 2006 and 2007 in about 10 days after the request. We had booked a 2007 Alaskan cruise before we requested the brochure. I don't think that was the reason we received it however, because I just filled in the request that is at the bottom of the Home Page. The next day I received an email saying it was in the mail. Try again.

sounds good but i must say i always loved the matresses on the M class ships. I have an awful back. Had surgery twice and i always fret when i spend the night anywhere that the beds will be too soft, that is my undoing. so for me the beds where great-hopefully they will add extra comfort without taking away the firmness. Or when i sail there might be a table missing in the dining room, hiding under my matress

I too have a bad back and have had multiple surgeries. The beds on X have always been killers for me. I'm one of those people who always suffered when dr's were still recommending hard beds for bad backs. The beds on HAL were heaven for me. I can only hope that the new X beds will be half as nice.

For those of you who need hard beds, maybe they'll keep an old mattress in storage for you.:)

If this is true it will be a HUGE improvement on the existing beds, which are terrible. I had such awful lower back pain while on the Mercury in Alaska this past July that I had to make three visits to the medical center for painkillers and steroids. I'd never had back problems before, and they cleared up as soon as I got home to my not-so-great but better than Mercury's bed!

Archived