difference in cabins ?

MikkiDawn

Okay I just changed and upgraded from a Promenade Room on Mariner of the Seas to a D2 Balcony Stateroom since there was a price drop. What is the difference between a D1, D2, and a D3 ? I hope I got a nice room.

Whoever wrote the recent thread on the Mariner review makes me nervous, now I don't know whether to stay at hte RAdisson or not, or just to cancel my reservation, lose the $25, stay at Disney and then get up and drive the hour to the port. I just hate to pay to stay at the Radisson and then have to pay to park at hte port too because of hte shuttle situation.

HELP HELP HELP !!! LOL !!!

The difference is basically location. I think you will enjoy the Balcony cabin. I didn't read the review but I liked staying at the Radisson at the port (if that's where you are booked). They have a nice pool and a very good breakfast buffet. We rented a car from Thrifty so we didn't use the shuttle service. I wouldn't cancel your reservation based on 1 person's review. Ask for a room next to the pool. Call and ask them to add this request to your reservation.

I just read the review. Something the poster didn't know is that the early shuttles are reserved in advance. If you wait until you arrive at the hotel the odds are you will be on the later shuttles too. Call the hotel directly way in advance and ask when you can sign up for the early shuttles. My friends did this and were on the 10:30am ones last year. I don't know if I believe the "selling of shuttle space" as most use Arts shuttle which is a reasonable alternative if you don't want to use the hotels.

Actually, on Voyager and Freedom class ships, location doesn't have much to do with the difference in balcony cabins at all. It is how many they sleep. D1 sleeps more with the sofa bed, and D2 and D3 do not have sofa beds. Same with E's. E1 has pullman, and E2 does not.

We stayed at a Disney Resort last year for 2 days and then drove to Port Canaveral to get on the Sovereign. We had no problems at all. I actually enjoy parking at the pier, because it's nice to be able to get off the ship and get on the road right away to head home. Then again, we have an 18 hour drive, so that might have something to do with it!

Archived