Why have I only just found this board!!

Jo_London_Mum

I could kick myself!!

Been coming to cruisecritic boards for a while but only discovered this huge hub of information!

And I only have 17 days left until my cruise (I love saying that!).:D

We sailed on the Disney Magic when Billy was 18 months and felt he was a bit too young to appreciate alot of it especially for the money we paid, and there were just so so many kids around the pools it kind of put us off (and we LOVE Disney). Thats not saying we wont go on another Disney cruise in the future.

We took a 4 day Celebrity (Century) cruise in june from Dover (in the UK) and found there were quite a lot of pre school children, and the older cruisers seemed quite surprised by this and we felt on several occasions people were peeved we brought our boys into the dining room. Our kids are quite well behaved, but they obviously make noise and you usually know they are there (normal, right?).

We just felt 4 days was more than enough and felt somewhat uncomfortable at dinner. Hopefully its just the fact that most of the miserable oldies were English (as we are), and I find Americans to be so much more fun and less snooty, hence us choosing all our other cruises out of the states:).

SO.... We decided on the Mariner this time as we felt there would be lots of kids and we would definitely blend in more!. We are hoping we are granted our wish of a table of 4 so that its just us on the table.

My parents have a house in Orlando so we are doing a week either side there and driving down to Port Canaveral.

Seems already from the rollcall there are other cruisers with similar age kids to mine on our cruise, and apparently its school break in Seminole county so they will hopefully have lots of playmates.

Anyway, I've gone on a bit too long (I do tend to do that!) sorry:o!

Jo x

What a pair of cuties! We're looking forward to our first cruise with our baby girl - going on 10 months. I hope that the people on our cruise are friendlier than they were on yours. I must say, though, that when we were in London (before baby) I thought everyone was very nice. :)

Archived