Barcelona - Hotel Continental Palacete

Our Med cruise is Wed 10/24/07 . We plan to leave Los Angeles for Barcelona on Saturday, to have 3 nights pre-cruise.

Many on our trip have booked the Hotel Continental, however by the time I called, they had no vacancies and suggested their sister, the Hotel Continental Palacete. They do have room available, the standard queen interior room was quoted directly from the hotel at $166.

This is in my budget and wanted to get thoughts from those with more experiences.

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions. This is just one part of this trip I want to ink as soon as possible and then only need to wait for the airfares to come out.

Let me get this straight. Your cruise is over 13 mos. from now and they have no rooms?!!! That is really something! Anyway, the Hotel Continental Barcelona now is fully air conditioned (though that might not be a necessity in October!) and looks like Laura Ashley was there, but a nice place for the price and includes 24 hour food and breakfast. You can't go wrong there.

We are staying one night post cruise this year on 10/2/06. However, we too, are staying 3 days before the cruise at H10 Universitat which has a great location for walking everywhere. And great reviews on many sites. We are paying a total of 381 Euros for three nites and that includes all the taxes (can't forget those taxes even in Europe!) That at today's rates is about $500 I believe. So the price is within your thinking. Might want to look at it too, unless you want to be right on the Ramblas.

Take some time and go to www.booking.com and put in Barcelona, then city, Barcelona-it will give you just so much info. on all hotels. I also found in my research that their prices for the two hotels I was looking at were consistently the lowest offered to me at the time.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Pooh

Hi Beth,

We stayed at the Palacete two nights pre-cruise - really enjoyed the hotel, but found the room to be very small (the same room that you are considering). We spent little time in it, so it wasn't a problem and they do have a very nice, large sitting room or 'salon' which faces Las Ramblas - a nice place to enjoy the food and drinks that they provide. The interior room is very quiet (we had a small balcony which opened into the centre of the bldg, so the view was of the other walls & up to the sky). Location is very good, and the taxi stand right across the street was convenient for getting to the ship. And I think you will be only about a 5 minute walk to your friends at the Continental.

It gets good reviews on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d274118-r5776482-Hotel_Continental_Palacete-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Archived