Roll Call: QM2 Christmas & New Year 2006

SSNORWAY

Hi

Is anyone joining us for Christmas & New Year on the QM2?

Eleven of us did it last year and had a wonderful time, this year my brother and his kids are joining us too, so there will be 18 of us aged from 9 - 76!!

Looking forward to seeing fellow CC'ers in the Commodore and G32

Mark

My wife and I are booked on this trip travelling from the UK. Attempted to get back on the Sea Princess but the flights were sold out and therefore went for this one but looking forward to it although initially a little bit of trepidation as we thought it might be too formal?

Hi There

Don't be worried about the formality, it is much more relaxed than the QE2, I'm sure you will want to look your best anyway, especially over Christmas so whatever you feel smart and special in will fit in fine.

Last Christmas we all had a wonderful and truly memorable time, my other half used to work for Princess and has told me that in almost every respect the QM2 is better than the ships he worked on.

My parents have always been very much against cruising on the "Queens" (although they loved the Countess) for the same reasons, they are now converts and even trying the QE2 with me next September.

The atmosphere and menus for New Years Eve were amazing, everyone went crazy in the dining room, it was such a contrast to the other nights, a few couples looked miserable and could not join in, but 95% of the diners had a wild evening to remember.

I think (and hope) that you will not be disappointed in your choice, maybe we will bump in to you there sometime.

Mark

Hi

Thanks for the information, we are a lot happier now and looking forward to it. We will look out for a large party of 11 having a "great time" and it is sure to be yourselves. Once again many thanks having travelled with Princess ourselves last Xmas and again this October we will also be able to compare the difference

Thanks

Buy you a drink if I find you:)

Hello!

We are holding four A1 cabins for the Dec 30 sailing. There will be 5 adults and 2 teens (13 and 16) in our group. Very much looking forward to experiencing the QM2.

I have a question for you veterans: I was checking the Cunard site for information on shore excursions, esp. on St Kitts, which none of us have been to before. Could not find information for any of the islands we sail to. Am I missing something?

Hello!

We are holding four A1 cabins for the Dec 30 sailing. There will be 5 adults and 2 teens (13 and 16) in our group. Very much looking forward to experiencing the QM2.

I have a question for you veterans: I was checking the Cunard site for information on shore excursions, esp. on St Kitts, which none of us have been to before. Could not find information for any of the islands we sail to. Am I missing something?

Cunard dont have the excursions on their web site, however you will get a comprehensive brochure prior to departure, We got a taxi to the old fort and the batik place (sorry it was so good I forgot the name!!) It was cheap and they waited as long as you wanted to do your own thing, that may be better than waiting around or being rushed with a big crowd off the ship.

Both places were very pleasant and there were great views from the top of the fort, but don't go expecting much, like everywhere i've been to in the caribbean it's all very pleasant but not incredibly memorable unless you like beaches.

Archived