Best things about the Zenith and tips and information please!

tinker

Sailing on the 10/7 Zenith to Bermuda and really getting excited now.

Read great things about the ship and just inquiring about must do's, sees and eats! What are best times to do things, and not to miss things or things to request.

Any and all tips, info and opinions appreciated!!!

We did the Zenith cruise to Bermuda this past July. To be honest, the ship is nice, but I can't really think of any must do things as the ship lacks many of the facilities found on the newer, larger ships. The food and service were very good though so don't miss any meals. As for a must do on Bermuda, be sure to go to Horseshoe Bay which is one of the most scenic beaches you will see anywhere.

• Administrators

One night, give the "casual dining experience" offered in the buffet area a try instead of the main dining room. We were a bit lazy on one of the formal nights, so we made a reservation. We weren't sorry!

I had the best cruise ship meal ever here, next to fine dining experiences like Sabatini's and Portofinios etc. Supposedly the waiters are 'trained' in this venue, the service charge is a mere $2 and they go out of their way to make you happy. The setting is lovely, they've reset the tables w/ cloth and china.

I had the roast chicken...best I've ever had. My 8 year old niece had the sirloin....we were glad she was a light eater because my sister and I finished it ;)

Check out my Zenith Review

Laura

Make sure you get the Waffles at breakfast, they are the absolute best. They are not served in the regular buffet line they are in the back, the servers can make pancakes, waffles and they have bacon and sausage as well. Just thinking about them makes me want to hop back on the Zenith.

Laura,

Can you tell me more about the Casual Restaurant? I didn't realize you need a reservation and when and where should you make it?

It is not buffet style as the breakfast and lunch there would be? Assume the $2 charged to your cruise card?

(My husband will be happy to skip one of the formal nights and we will probably try this more than once!)

Thank you.

I just called on the room phone and made the reserrvation that day for the informal dining. I left the $2 on the table. Try the sushi bar if you like sushi, Michael's bar for a nice quiet before and after dinner drink, the aft deck on 10, the martini sampling and I also recommend those waffles.

We were on the 9/2 sailing, and had a great time. We went knowing that Zenith isn't a "new and fancy" ship, and I think that what I read here was pretty accurate.

Some things I enjoyed...

- We had the best service in the dining room of any cruise I have been on (OK, so this was only our fourth cruise). Our waiter Luis and assistant Ben were outstanding. We were even impressed with the wine guy, whose name I can't remember. He made some excellent choices for us. This is one reason we like Celebrity - by the end of the week, Luis and Ben were like family. We like being at the same table each night and getting to know everyone.

- It seemed like every day, I would find something new that I didn't know about. One day, we discovered the baked pretzels in the buffet at lunch. Another day, we found the quiet Michael's Club. We had fun sitting at the tables along the side of the Rainbow Room near the entrance and watching people come in. Then (unfortunately in terms of the calories), I found the ice cream counter at the lunch buffet. The grill at the back has hot dogs and hamburgers. But the day I got a hamburger, they also were serving chicken curry that looked pretty good.

- If the magician is on your cruise, don't miss either of his shows. Thanks to a few days of work, I can't remember his name either.

- Finally, the ship just never seemed crowded. Plus it is small enough that we were constantly running into people we had met.

Have fun! You are in for a great vacation.

Chris

Archived