Price Drop Question

SusieV

Hi,

I'm just curious as to what I can expect in this situation. Our cruise has dropped $100pp on the Celebrity website, however we are booked through a key account and we got a discounted fare. The two fares are now approximately equal (Celebrity is still $20 higher).

Should we be expecting a discount from the travel agency, even though their rate is still marginally lower? It seems to me like we should get either an upgrade or a credit given that the key account rate is now probably lower.

We're outside penalty period right now.

Hi SusieV - I booked a cruise directly through the cruise line and then a few weeks later the price dropped, I called them and they adjusted the price and credited my card back. I would hope for you they would adjust the price with the key account as well. You better check soon so the prices don't change too quick. I work in the hotel business and I know how quick we can change rates.

Good Luck!

Hi SusieV - I booked a cruise directly through the cruise line and then a few weeks later the price dropped, I called them and they adjusted the price and credited my card back. I would hope for you they would adjust the price with the key account as well. You better check soon so the prices don't change too quick. I work in the hotel business and I know how quick we can change rates.

Good Luck!

I was once told that if your TA booked you at a group rate you will not be entitled to a price reduction if Celebrity's price for your cruise is subsequently lowered , but if it was booked at an individual rate you are. However, if the cruise was booked through a TA, the request to Celebrity for such a price reduction must be made through them, and there are some TA's who won't do it.

There is no such thing as an agency who can discount prices. Celebrity as well as Royal Caribbean has set prices which all agencies must adhere to or be penalized.

They do, however, honor lower prices as long as the client qualifies, ie. senior discount, regional promotion etc. They will not refare for X-citing deals.

Your TA just needs to contact Celebrity and if you qualify for the new rate, it should be yours. Celebrity is the best about that.

A few weeks ago I noticed that our October Celebrity cruise dropped in price so I contacted my TA about it. She in turn contacted Celebrity and we came away with a $390. credit on our charge card. TA said that Celebrity is one of the best and easiest to deal with on price reductions. I know that was true for us!

:)

Archived