Haleakala Skyline Tour - Zipline

CSloan

I think this one is 720 feet - you go off the foreground platform over the gorge and then swing towards the end of the zip over the tiny grassy area in the background then swing back over the gorge, then back again to the platform

Jackie: Great pics!!! We did get some good shots and some video as well! I can't wait to go again in Jamaica! We did a small zipline in Kauai, nowhere near as good as the Haleakala one, but later they said they had a large one there. I wish I had more info on that one, but anyone going to Kauai and interested in doing a zipline should do some investigating.
marly

We are currently booked on one of the ships zipline adventures in Kauai (for September) but we were not sure which one to take - the 3.5 hr one or the 7 hr one. I would be interested to know if there is a major difference - I thought it might simply be a longer drive to one of the excursions. Does anyone have any experience with these tours?

I heard Outfitters Kauai had a good tour, we went with them on the Kipu Falls Safari, they were good. It was a Kayak/hike/swim/rope swing/lunch tour. At that time, they were just building the platforms, we ate lunch on one of them. Not far from Nawiliwili where you dock, on some beautiful private land. I think their website is outfitterskauai.com

Outfitters is the tour we took in Kauai. We did the kayak, hike, tractor ride, zipline, rope swing! The zipline was only a small one and it was only one time. It was beautiful there and we had a good time. We met them around 8 a.m. and returned around 3:30.

While we were doing the zipline with Outfitters, they told us about the other, larger zipline in Kauai.
Marly

grace: Unfortunately I don't know anything more about it than that one is supposed to exist. As I mentioned previously, we were on an excursion with Outfitters and the guys there mentioned that there was a larger zipline on the island. I can't tell you anything more about it other than that -- sorry.
Marly

[quote name='gracecarmo']Marly: would you tell me about the other larger zip line in Kauai? I am considering doing a zip, but do not want to do the kayak or rope swing.

Thanks, Grace[/QUOTE]

Aloha Grace - this [b][i]might[/i][/b] be the one: [url="http://www.kauaibackcountry.com/zipline.html"]http://www.kauaibackcountry.com/zipline.html[/url]

check it out

Everyone always says there isnt much to do on Kauai, we never seem to have a problem figuring out things to go and see and do. Lots of times we go back and do the same things over, because we love them so much. Planning another trip doesnt sound so bad to me - go for it! Make it a two weeker and add an island - start your collection!:D

Hey Marly! I was on jury duty this week and didnt get time to reply till just now. I have heard that Jamaica zip is a lot of fun - you'll have to post about it when you get back. Jamaica is one of the few ports that we miss on our Dec voyage - one day we hope to get there. And yes, the money and time, both of them are taking longer than I thought!:D

Archived