Veendam boarding time and Canada Place info?

pugsbest

Hi,

I have tried doing a search for this info and search engine isn't working.

We are booked on the Veendam 1 night cruise next weekend and it will be our first experience with Holland America. What time will we be able to board the ship (Veendam) and what is the boarding process like?

We will be getting off the one day cruise on the NCL Sun and are trying to figure out how long we will have to wait. Is there anything to do at Canada place? OMNIMAX movies don't start until late. We are considering getting massages at the Pan Pacific hotels spa, but only if there is nothing else to do. Any info or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi,

I have tried doing a search for this info and search engine isn't working.

We are booked on the Veendam 1 night cruise next weekend and it will be our first experience with Holland America. What time will we be able to board the ship (Veendam) and what is the boarding process like?

We will be getting off the one day cruise on the NCL Sun and are trying to figure out how long we will have to wait. Is there anything to do at Canada place? OMNIMAX movies don't start until late. We are considering getting massages at the Pan Pacific hotels spa, but only if there is nothing else to do. Any info or suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you!

You my dear our very close to the downtown core of Vancouver there is plenty to do down there just stop in the Pan Pacific and ask for directions to Robson street (lots of good shopping there) I believe their are also tours you can go on a must see is Stanley Park you can take a boat bus across to Granville Island. Just be carefull you don't end up near Hastings as it's not the place to be.

Anymore questions feel free to ask I lived there for 10 years.

Walk over to Stanley Park and have coffee or tea in the little cafe there overlooking the beautiful park. That can take up 2-3 hours of your time depending on your speed. I also always check my email when in Vancouver as there are many inexpensive internet places downtown.

Gary

There's lots to do down by Canada Place, even if it's just a walk through Gastown or Coal Harbour, which are very close by.

Usually passengers are allowed to begin checking in around 11am. There's going to be quite a few ships at Canada Place that day, so I would suggest that boarding earlier is better than later.

I being from the Vancouver area highly recommend Stanley park. :)

So much to do and it doesn't cost anything. Or, you can take a horse drawn carriage ride though the park. This of course does cost money. The views from the park are BREATHTAKING. Vancouver Aquarium is there as well.

Also, I would suggest taking a walk down Robson St. That is the hot spot for EVERYTHING. Bars, shops, people watch (this can be scary at times) CHEAP souvenirs. Just about anything.

Have fun!!!

:) Good morning,

If you fill the debarkation form for NCL SUN listing yourself as ''independent'' or ''no flight plan'', you likely will be among the later passengers being called off. That puts you in the terminal building just about in time to line up for the embarkation process for passengers leaving that day. Thus, you'd be onboard VEENDAM just about 12.30pm-ish.

No worry about finding something to do, not enough time.

Yes, there's plenty of superb activities possible within close reach of CanadaPlace....but in your situation, you don't even have time to get outside the terminal.

You'll simply be swapping ships !!!

Of course, you could request being ''earliest off'' the SUN and board VEENDAM about 3.45pm...then do stuff around CanadaPlace....but you'd be short-changing yourself on both cruises !!! ''You pay the money, max out your stay ""

Other ships at CanadaPlace on 24th: Dawn Princess & Ryndam.

Happy sailingS

Cheers

Claude G

;)

• 2 weeks later...

So tell us. What did you end up doing?

We were also on the same cruise. That morning we walked over to Starbucks in Gas Town, sat read the Vancouver Sun and enjoyed the view of the ships at Canada Place. We then went to the Storyeum. FANTASTIC!!!:D

Archived