Legend is going to be late getting in this sunday 9/17/06!

treyct

Hey pass that puppy around seems mightie tense in here........

99 bottles of rum on the wall......

I wouldn't drink too much of this stuff, it will likely have 2 effects on you.

1> You might grow a little hair on your knuckles

2> You won't remain kidless very long...:rolleyes:

strong stuff.

vincenzo:)

I hope you have your fire suit on!

While, yes it is not the way to start a vacation, it could be worse. I'm sure the person who had the medical emergency wasn't planning on ending his vacation that way either. A little inconvience to you, so what? You live in Central NJ and could probably make plans to get to the terminal a little later without too much hassle. Yes, your cruise is a few hours shorter. Deal with it! At least you will not miss your ship. Think of all the people on the ship now that will miss flights home and the trouble they will have to get on new flights.

i think you, my friend, need to get off your high horse or put your fire suit on. i didn't see her say anything like "this stinks FOR ME" it was a general satement, so why don't you stop looking for reasons to start problems on a message board and take it as it was...a general statement. i think all you "flamers" are the ones that are childish most times on these boards. especially when it comes to something simple or general that someone says and you take it as some sort of attack. you should all gow up.

I didn't attack anyone here. I simply asked a question. Why is everybody so defensive?

I wish those returning late, the best of luck on changing their travel arrangements. And those of you departing late.....I hope you will get over it & not let it affect your whole cruise.

It wasn't your post so much as 2 others that were real flamers...

pass the rum...

I wouldn't drink too much of this stuff, it will likely have 2 effects on you.

1> You might grow a little hair on your knuckles

2> You won't remain kidless very long...:rolleyes:

strong stuff.

Already have hair on my knucKles and other places..................The chance of little kiddies coming into this world ended long ago!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hey pass that puppy around seems mightie tense in here........

99 bottles of rum on the wall......

Not even close to tense. Try a thread where someone wants a free cruise or a $1,000 OBC credit because Carnival (read "Hurricane Helga") had the audacity to keep them from visiting <insert port name here>. Those are "fun";) :D

Not even close to tense. Try a thread where someone wants a free cruise or a $1,000 OBC credit because Carnival (read "Hurricane Helga") had the audacity to keep them from visiting <insert port name here>. Those are "fun";) :D

There isn't enough popcorn for posts like that...

I always enjoy the jeans in the dining room on formal night or any night for that fact....kids in the adult pool with pull ups on....and if it is wrong to smuggle that bottle of rum on or not!! But any excuse to pass that bottle of rum is fine with me!!!!

i agree with you 100% there. but when someone makes a simple general statement and gets replies like "put your fire suit on" and "you're being childish and selfish" is just rediculous. shows the mentality of some people on here. there's no call for that. save the flames for someone who actually deserves it...

Let me make sure I got the facts..

I have a two day notice that:

1. Ship will arrive at 4pm.

2. I have a secure place to check and park my baggage.

3. I'm in New York.

Might be a great time for some sight seeing!! Hail a cab and hall butt!!:D Go take a look at what's around you.. Damn hanging around the terminal!!

Life has handed you some lemons... make some electric lemonade with them!!

First time on the Paradise in 2003 a gentleman had a heartattack the first night out and we were to far out to turn around. The captain told us monday morning the reason for the fast speed was a medical er. Believe me it was tough and lot of seasick people but no complaining. We all understood this gentleman needed medical attention and fast. We stopped out side the limits of Cozmuel and a medical ship came out to us. Cozumel was beautiful at night.

It was actually fun watching how quickly they were able to get people on and then get him, his family and the medically team back off the ship. The ship should have tipped over with the amount of passenagers on that side of it.

DId we conplain no. That could be anyone of us at any time so we need to be patient with this...

For those of who don't live in the NYC area...Sunday is going to be a beautiful day (after days of rainy weather it's suppose to be in the low 80's!). If you are getting in early, do some research and find out what events are going on....here is what I found with one search:

Feast of San Gennaro (Little Italy)

Tudor CIty Family Street Festival (2nd Ave between 43rd and 53rd Street)

92 Street Y Festival Lexington Ave between 79th and 96th Streets

Columbus Avenue street Fair (Columbus Ave between 66th and 86th)

Im sure there is A LOT more to do!!!

Enjoy your day in NYC AND your cruise:)

Good gosh. Drop off your bags. Take a taxi to Central park. Eat at Carmines for lunch on 47th street. See a play. Take a tour. Go to the Statue of Liberty. Shop....I LOVE NY. :D Have a great cruise.

Oh Carmines!! YUM!! Now I'm STAAAAAAAAHVIN!!!! :D

AAAAAAwwwwwww too bad :mad:

no empathy for anyone but your self huh!!

I can 100% tell you that she wasn't feeling sorry for herself or complaining... none of us were. She didn't say she felt sorry for herself... just stating this happens... no need to be a jerk :p If you notice, she was responding to ANOTHER poster with THAT post...

I don't think everyone at CC was sitting around feeling sorry for us... FTLOG, we were in Tampa, going on a cruise. Just like I don't feel sorry for anyone that has a 6 hour delay this weekend... they are going on a cruise. The big picture seems to go by the wayside when people find something they can complain about.

Good gosh. Drop off your bags. Take a taxi to Central park. Eat at Carmines for lunch on 47th street. See a play. Take a tour. Go to the Statue of Liberty. Shop....I LOVE NY. :D Have a great cruise.

As amazing as Carmine's is...one could also head over to Morton's Steakhouse on 5th Ave & 45th The best steak I've ever eaten, I had there.

As amazing as Carmine's is...one could also head over to Morton's Steakhouse on 5th Ave & 45th The best steak I've ever eaten, I had there.

OH YOU guys are killing me here! LOL! Love Morton's... it's a toss up between that and S&W's for me... they have a shrimp appetizer at S&W's that I LOOOOOOVE... both have an amazing steak!!!

AAAAAAwwwwwww too bad :mad:

no empathy for anyone but your self huh!!

That was totally rude & uncalled for. Sorry to inform you but this is not a perfect world we live in. Things happen sometimes beyond our control. Didn't feel sorry for myself at all. Maybe you should go back & read my next post after that. I hope all those effected will be able to put this delay behind them & enjoy their cruise.

I'm glad to see Carnival gave this group of cruisers an advance warning. As someone said earlier, with two days notice & a place to store their luggage, it will give others time to try & make plans & maybe do something in the city.

Always helps to go with an open mind & sense of humor. Sure makes handling this type situation a little easier to handle if you can be flexible & roll with the punches.

To all you Legend cruisers, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

When they say there are limited services, they mean it!

Make sure you have a full stomach, or plan on getting food (all the wonderful suggestions above are making me want to go into the city a day early!)

Most complaints you read on here about late ships are no food, no water. And that does s#$k when you're hungry and thirsty, and not wanting to give up your space in line.

But don't start me on baby formula......:eek:

I have to hand it to Carnival....

I received

1. The email that I started the thread with friday morning

2. 2 automated calls with all the info friday afternoon

3. a Personal call from a pvp friday evening

Thats awesome customer service

It's amazing, some people got phone calls, e-mail's, etc.

There's quite a few people on our roll call that didn't get anything. Myself being one of them.

Thankfully Carnival was somewhat informative when I called them to confirm the itinerary change. Except they gave me the wrong info. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Archived