B2B cruises and Express Pass

dmk

For some reason, Celebrity does not allow you to get into your reservations for a B2B. I am used to printing an Express Pass. Does this mean I will have get docs by email or snail mail with no Express Pass?

You should be able to get an express pass for the first cruise - however, you cannot get it until after final payment.

You don't need an express pass for the second cruise as you will be given your new key cards aboard the ship. We went to the desk the night before the first cruise ended and received our keycards and other info. We did go to customer relations during the first cruise to remind them that we were doing a back to back.

Thanks hajekfan:

So does this mean that after final payment I'll be able to get into my online reservations. Right now, it says I have to call Customer Service. I can't even make a payment on line

Strange...we're booked B2B in 2008 and can get into both reservations. I haven't tried Check In (for obvious reasons) - is that the area that you can't get into?? Great to know that you can get keys for 2nd cruise while onboard. This will be our 1st B2B

I'm curious about the logistics of these back to backs. Glad the issue has come up here, and will take this opportunity to ask all my questions.

1. Do you have to leave the boat, pack up your luggage, and go through debarkation at the end of the first cruise or can you just stay on the boat and watch the rest of the poor souls leave as you sip your second "welcome" bottle of champagne on your balcony?

2. Do you get a second "welcome" bottle of champagne?

3. If you are allowed to stay on the boat, do you get to wander around or are you confined to your stateroom?

4. Do you have to go through customs at the end of the first cruise if you just want to spend a few hours in port?

Vanessa

we are on the same B2B with Spengle in 2008 and can get into both reservations after entering both booking numbers.

Where is it that you enter both numbers? I am looking at My Reservations. I have tried all options with no success.

Does anyone know if Celebrity has Technical Support because the Captain's Club and Reservations don't know why this is happening.

I believe that Ray meant that you add each booking separately. Then you'd go into 'manage my reservation' (not sure if that's the exact wording but it's the drop down box and check-in to each reservation separately. That will eventualy lead you to the Express Pass option. After printing for one, you can print for the other. However, if you're B2B, you should only need to check in to the first one, since, according to an earlier post, you can check in for the 2nd one while onboard. If you have a TA, that info should be available that way, if not, call Customer Service - the number is part of the Check-in process and I've found them very responsive. Good luck

I have the same issue. Even though I have two booking numbers, regardless of which one I enter, I always get this message: Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions. I have tried several times over the past several months, always with the same results. This cruise in in 2007. I am doing a B2B in November 2006 and did not have this issue, but the two cruises were not booked at the same time. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Barb

Hi

The same thing happened to me as our cruise date became closer (re: not being able to access the reservations). It just locked me out and I received the same message.

Now to answer some questions,

1. When we did our b2b, we stayed in the same room so we didn't have to pack up. If you'll be in a different roomm then you'll have to pack up some things and your room steward will help you move to your new room.

2. We got a second bottle of champagne.

3. We were told to meet in a conference room at a certain time where there were danish and coffee, etc. We had friends who were leaving so we had breakfast with them, went back to our room for awhile and then went to the room. After everyone, in the room, was accounted for, we were taken to immigration. Then, we were allowed to go back on board, into the city, or whatever we wanted to do. We had friends coming on the second part of the cruise, so we went into the lobby to await them.

4. Yep, you have to go through immigration even to shop.

Have a great b2b. We really did.

Thanks for answering my questions, Judy. I have no b2b booked, but I am thinking of doing one soon, maybe the last cruise in the mediterranean followed by the transatlantic. At this stage, its a fantasy only.

I notice we were on the same cruise: Summit Mexican Riviera, 10/10/05. It was a great cruise. I was with friends who were not memebers of cruise critic, so I didn't go to the party or the sailaway gathering. Regret that now, and I will definitely do those events on my next cruise in January, 2007 on Millie.

Again, thanks for answering my questions.

Vanessa

Thanks hajekfan:

So does this mean that after final payment I'll be able to get into my online reservations. Right now, it says I have to call Customer Service. I can't even make a payment on line

When is your cruise? Is there something happening with the ship or itinerary and has it been pulled from further sales?

I would defiinitely call customer service about this.

I'm curious about the logistics of these back to backs. Glad the issue has come up here, and will take this opportunity to ask all my questions.

1. Do you have to leave the boat, pack up your luggage, and go through debarkation at the end of the first cruise or can you just stay on the boat and watch the rest of the poor souls leave as you sip your second "welcome" bottle of champagne on your balcony?

4. Do you have to go through customs at the end of the first cruise if you just want to spend a few hours in port?

Vanessa

We did a back to back trans and 2 day cruise to Bahamas. We did have the same room so we were able to leave everything in our room. Friends who changed rooms moved their belongings with help of the housekeeping staff before disembarking. Since we were not planning on doing anything in Ft. Lauderdale, we were the last to disembark the ship. We did not have to go through customs as we were not taking anything off the ship but we did have to go through immigration after which we were let back on the ship having to put our card through the reader for a new picture. Also note that for a back to back, for customs you do not get twice the duty free allowance - the amount that is allowed duty free is once every 30 days.

Archived