Celebrity Century

IndyBride

We're getting married on the Century next March (3/15 sailing). We've been on 7 cruises, but never before on Celebrity. We have about 40 sailing guests, and many of them have never been on a cruise before, so we're trying to put together a "hints and tips" list. One concern is the dress code in the dining room. Are ties required for the men, or is business casual okay? I need to tell the guys whether or not they need to pack a jacket and tie. My travel agent said that ties are not required, but I've heard differently. Also, what about dress code on formal nights? By the way... we'll be staying in one of the penthouse suites. Does anyone have a picture since the renovation? Were these suites updated along with the others? Any other hints and tips for the Century? ANY information will be appreciated!

Thanks all!

You didn't mention what cruise line your others were on. Celebrity can be more formal than say Carnival, RCCL, NCL or Princess. On formal night you will see more men in tuxedos than you will on any of those other lines and all passengers are asked to maintain the dress code throughout the evening vs. changing after dinner. The guys will want to bring a tie and jacket for the semi-formal nights. For casual nights pants and polo or oxford shirt are just fine.

Indybride, You might want to call Celebrity and ask what the dress codes will be for the 5 day cruises (I'm assuming you are on a 5 day). I have read that there is one formal night. Suits and ties are ok but my husband and son will be taking their tuxes (we are on the 5 day Century cruise Nov. 18th, 2006). I too have been looking for penthouse pictures to no avail! I'll take many pictures and post them on my i-web pages when we return. It's our first time in penthouse, so we are very excited! Even if it looks like the old pictures, we'll be happy!

Congrats on your wedding! Great idea!!!!

Archived