Juneau excursion

brunolvr

Just back from cruising on the NCL Spirit. The one excursion (besides the Skagway-White Pass train) everyone was raving about was the 5 hour Tracey Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer. We didn't go on that one but everyone I talked to who went on that excursion had a great time (saw whales and the boat stopped for a while to watch) and they went right up to both of the Sawyer Glaciers, saw calving of the glacier, watched as the Spirit entered the glacier area and came in close then boarded the Spirit once again near the glacier. Their only complaint was that they missed the chocoholic buffet, but with all the terrific desserts available anytime you want, that was no big deal. Guess we'll have to go back next year so we can go on the Tracey Arm Fjourd & Glacier Explorer excursion!

That was our favorite excursion on the Sun as well. Even better, it didn't interfere with the chocolate buffet :D Our Tracy Arm excursion was on Wednesday, and the buffet was on Saturday.

Even a lot of us on the Spirit missed the chocoholic buffet because we didn't want to leave the magnificent viewing of the glaciers, icebergs, seals, etc. They had it right at 5:30 as we approached Sawyer Glacier! Bad planning, I'd say! And right before dinner!

That is poor timing. The chocolate buffet on the Sun was at 3:30 Saturday afternoon on our way back to Vancouver, and didn't interfere with anything else. We've decided they schedule them at the end of the week when everyone is full so they don't have to plan on as much chocolate :D.

I'm not actually sure what would be a good time for a chocolate buffet. On the Sea, it was at 11:30 at night. Don't know about anyone else, but I don't like to eat that late at night, especially not lots of sugar. I really need my beauty sleep ;) .

On the Sun, it was at 3:30. Right between lunch and dinner. Hmm... maybe if you like chocolate that much it should be instead of lunch or dinner??

Archived