5 hours with Cosol?

celticd1

After reading all the positive reviews for Cosol's tour my BF and I have booked him for next January. I have a few questions since we have never been to St. Lucia, hope some of you that have been there or have booked with Cosol before can offer input.

I am wondering about the amount of time we will have to see everything. Since our ship is in port from 9am to 5 pm we only have 5 hours to do the tour. How long did you spend at some of the stops, for instance the volcano, banana plantation, beach? If you had to skip something, what would it be? How was traffic? I have read about the roads being very twisting, but traffic doesn't seem like an issue? Did you have a chance to shop (not concerned about electronics/jewelry, more like craft stuff) at any place?

Thanks for your help!

I toured with Cosol in March. I can't remember the amount of time we spent everywhere, but you will have plenty of time to see everything. We ended up skipping the beach because our small group was tired and one person was sick, but we were back at the ship by around 1:30 skipping the beach.

He will make stops during the drive where you will have an opportunity to buy items like crafts and souvenirs. Listen to him and he will help you get the best deal and buy things at the right places.

If you are concerned about times, email Cosol. If you want to focus on something specific he will try and tailor the tour for your needs.

I did e-mail him about times, and has assured me that we will have plenty of time. I just wanted to hear some first hand experience. I don't want to feel rushed, but I do want to spend at least an hour and a half at the beach. Can you tell me how many you had in your group?

• 2 weeks later...
I toured with Cosol in March. I can't remember the amount of time we spent everywhere, but you will have plenty of time to see everything. We ended up skipping the beach because our small group was tired and one person was sick, but we were back at the ship by around 1:30 skipping the beach.

He will make stops during the drive where you will have an opportunity to buy items like crafts and souvenirs. Listen to him and he will help you get the best deal and buy things at the right places.

If you are concerned about times, email Cosol. If you want to focus on something specific he will try and tailor the tour for your needs.

Can you give me his (cosol) email address? Thanks

Thanks for his website! I'm sailing in March 2007 and looking for tours!!

I'll be sure to post a review of this tour when we return! I've read so much positive feedback on his tour, I'm sure it will be one of the highlights of our trip.

Happy sailing! :)

After reading all the positive reviews for Cosol's tour my BF and I have booked him for next January. I have a few questions since we have never been to St. Lucia, hope some of you that have been there or have booked with Cosol before can offer input.

I am wondering about the amount of time we will have to see everything. Since our ship is in port from 9am to 5 pm we only have 5 hours to do the tour. How long did you spend at some of the stops, for instance the volcano, banana plantation, beach? If you had to skip something, what would it be? How was traffic? I have read about the roads being very twisting, but traffic doesn't seem like an issue? Did you have a chance to shop (not concerned about electronics/jewelry, more like craft stuff) at any place?

Thanks for your help!

We did this in August. We weren't rushed at all at any stop. We spent about an hour at the beach. The only stop we missed was Marigot Bay and Cosol kept apologizing for not being able to get us there but he did not want us to get back to the ship late (and he also wanted us to have enough time to hit the shops near the pier, for those who wanted).

I didn't feel cheated at all (although I'm sure it would have been nice to see Marigot Bay). This was one of the best tours I have ever been on and the cost was very reasonable. Well worth it.

We toured with Herod last week. He and Cosol do the same tours. I chose Herod over Cosol because a large number of people from our M&M were using Cosol. I was a little worried about the numbers. Someone said Cosol ended up having 6 vans. Our trip with Herod had just 4 people in 1 van. This was perfect for us since we did not have to wait for others. We were already leaving the beach as Cosol got there.

The island is very beautiful and the tour was great. We saw everything, spent an hour on the beach between the Pitons and were back on the ship with plenty of time to spare. I will warn you, the roads are very windy with many hairpin turns. Since the people of St. Lucia drive on the left side of the road, we closed our eyes a few times waiting for the head-on crash, which of course never happened. Herod was laughing right along with us. If you get car sick, make sure you take something. We saw a child getting sick out another van's window.

Archived