? Copenhagen to Amsterdam ?

jnc411

HI, does anyone know which is the best way to travel from Copenhagen to the Netherlands, either Amsterdam or any where in Northern Holland ? Do you take a train to the ferry , or ?

We are thinking of doing a eastbound Transatlantic thats ends in Copenhagen, and we would like to spend a couple days there and then travel to Holland and spend a week before flying home from Amsterdam to Los Angeles. I have looked at other boards and maps etc. and I just am not sure of the logistics. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Cori

I am also researching this for travel to either Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually England from Copenhagen. I got a book from the library "Europe by Eurail" which has lots of information about train travel. You might also try the Eurolines web site for bus information. By train there seems to be a change in Hamburg and it's very expensive. Likewise a change in Hamburg on the bus but not nearly as much money. Now I think this is for Brussels so Amsterdam might be easier.

HI, does anyone know which is the best way to travel from Copenhagen to the Netherlands, either Amsterdam or any where in Northern Holland ? Do you take a train to the ferry , or ?

We are thinking of doing a eastbound Transatlantic thats ends in Copenhagen, and we would like to spend a couple days there and then travel to Holland and spend a week before flying home from Amsterdam to Los Angeles. I have looked at other boards and maps etc. and I just am not sure of the logistics. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Cori

It can either be a train or a plane. There are no ferries between Copenhagen and Amsterdam.

Check www.klm.com, www.transavia.nl or www.sas.com for flightdetails. Remember that luggage freedom within Europe is 20 kgs. per person, and 1 suitcase p.p.

If you can include that flight with your incontental tickets it might have the higher luggage freedom of 55lbs. p.p., and 2 suitcases.

Info about Amsterdam can be found on:

http://www.vvvamsterdam.nl/

(and I can help you if needed.)

There's a good timetable search at the DB (German railways) page.

From Copenhagen to Amsterdam it suggests an 11 hour journey with change of trains at both Hamburg and Osnabrück in Germany... I think it's safe to say that taking a flight would be a better option. :D

(On the other hand the train journey from Amsterdam to Brussels is under three hours, and very much worth the time if somebody wants to visit both of these cities. ;) )

Thanks you so much everyone for all the great information, it looks like rail might be what we have to do. Because of the weight restrictions on the european airlines. I did find a website also that is Railpass.com, which might work also. JLT you might want to research there as well. I put in where I wanted to go and it gave me options. Appreciate all the good advice , I knew I could count on the people on the boards , you guys are great....

Cori

Archived