Dawn Princess

mrmac

I have been on her twice. Once on Aloha deck and once on Cribe. Both inside H/C cabins. Both were good for me with roll in shower. There is an automatic door (one) out to the pool area but most of the doors that I encountered were the heavyer doors. I could manage with my scooter quite well. The staff at the buffet area were always willing to help me. They always found a table for me that I could get to and transfer to a seat. Some of the Dining Room has a step so check were they put you as soon as you board. If it is in the raised section they will move you to a more accepted place. I enjoyed the Panama Canal on her. There is a lounge that I could not get into because it had the turnstyle door, the one that turns in a circle and has 4 doors. we were to have a meeting there by I told the head of the group that I could not get in so they changed the location to the Vista (I think) lounge. Because it is an older ship there are steep ramps in some areas to the outside and you can get hung up on them so be prepard. This was back in 2002/2003. Enjoy.

Has anyone sailed on the Dawn Princess and stayed in a wheelchair accessible cabin? How accessible is the ship. Would you recommend it to others in a wheelchair?

I just posted a review that may be of help to you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415506

My friend was in a wheelchair and was able to get around the ship with no problem EXCEPT in the main Theatre (poor design). Her room was HUGE as was the bathroom. Her only complaint was that the toilet was low. The shower has a fold out chair/stool from the wall.

Also she sometimes had to wait for another elevator if it was too crowded to accommodate her chair and her husband too.

Archived