How early should I get to the pier?

Sandi149

Hi,

Next month I am leaving for a short 2night cruise on the Legend out of NY. I just received my cruise documents and on it it says that I can't arrive before 2PM but yet I hear that people can get there at noon. I would like to get there at noon but if they don't let me onboard, I don't want to stand in the street for 2 hours.

Can I actually arrive early?

Thanks,

Sandi

We usually arrive a little before noon and have boarded right away but you may not be able to get into your stateroom until 2ish because the cleaning is not done.

There is always the chance that you may have to wait when arriving earily do to customs or other problems with the previous passengers.

We don't mean to arrive earily but when you have to be out of your hotel room by 11am there really is no other place to go except the ship.

Last time we cruised, we were on board before noon. Made for a long wait to get the boat started on our voyage, but we "made do". Much of the ship was closed down until after 2, but just to be able to walk around and get our bearings, then sit in the cigar bar having a nice Maco cigar without crowds was wonderful! Good luck to you!

Archived