Need to buy matching bowties for hubby???

BobandBrenda

Does anyone know where I can find bowties in different colors?

Online or a store. I went to Mens Wearhouse, two formal rentals, Burlington Coat Fac, JC Pennys, and Dillards. I'm looking for Taupe and Sage Green?

Need to get soon. Cruise is next month.

Thanks

Brenda and Bob Shaw

Try an eBay store called tuxxman (I think it's 2 xx's). I'll most likely get John's tux from there for January. His stuff looks great & his feedback for 11,000+ transactions is 100%. Also, I think since it's a store, it's all "Buy it Now" so you don't have to bid & wait for the auction to close.

If you can't find the item you are looking for listed, send the seller an e-mail. He may have it in his inventory, & not up on the site.

Happy shopping! :)

Just another thought here...

(And please forgive me upfront if you've already thought this...)

If you are wanting or trying to "match" your husband's bowties to your dresses/outfits, I would not recommend it.

I think that you are much better off, just trying to find bowties that "compliment" your outfits, not matchy-matchy.

Think something that is in the same color family, or color tone...

In my personal opinion (and maybe one of the fashion expert ladies will "weigh" in here at some point), it will look much cooler, and classier if you look like you are "complimenting" each other, and not "matching" each other.

I hope that makes sense.

Ladies help me out.;)

CJW

Curt .. that was my first thought .. matching bow-ties seem prom-like to me .. and I have to admit for me there is nothing classier than a man in a well fitting classic black tux with a black bow tie .. sorry if that seems boring but that is what I like :)

Does anyone know where I can find bowties in different colors?

Online or a store. I went to Mens Wearhouse, two formal rentals, Burlington Coat Fac, JC Pennys, and Dillards. I'm looking for Taupe and Sage Green?

Need to get soon. Cruise is next month.

Thanks

Brenda and Bob Shaw

If you decide to do the basic black like some have suggested, I would recommend that you check the phone book for local independant tux stores. I couldn't find regular tie on bow ties from any of the places you spoke of, and did find them at a local place, for the same price as internet purchase and no S&H. If your husband is like me and doesn't know how to tie a bow tie, check Barnes and Noble, I actually found a book on tying ties, ascots and bow ties. Appropriately titled, "How to Tie Ties" by Michael Adam, from Sterling Publishing, ISBN 1-4027-1512-9 for the grand price of $5.95 U. S. Good luck.

I am assuming that Bob and Brenda have their perfectly good reasons for wanting matching colors...maybe just for fun. If they can't find what they want at the amazing and excellent bow tie sites linked above, if Brenda sews, she can make the exact color she wants. Check Simplicity, Vogue and McCalls pattern books for patterns for bow ties, neckties and other men's accessories.

Simplicity pattern 3972 for $14.95 includes formal bow tie, neck tie, cumberbund, and vest. Without too much difficulty, Brenda could make both the bow tie and cumberbund in the exact matching color and fabric.

I'll have to agree, never match, but do compliment. My favorite is a black tie and vest with a tux, I don't really care for bowties at all.

To match looks too prom or wedding - ish.

Good luck with your hunt!

I am also a fan of this look and have been seeing it more and more at weddings. I think it is quite elegant and more contemporary than the bow tie.

My fiance is wearing a black and antique gold paisley vest and a full black tie with his traditional 3 button tux for our upcoming nuptials.

The matchey look does not appeal to me personally.

The OP simply asked a question - where to find bowties in certain colors. She's having a hard time finding them. She didn't post a picture of a dress & ask for opinions.

No need to get catty about her choices & say that only black tie will do or that she & the hubby are going to look high school. Be nice. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Matching clothes of any type screams - The wife dresses him. Not very impressive. Unless of course you are researching for a book on "stange looks we have gotten over the years" Formal wear calls for Black tie period end of story.

Black tie, period...and never, never a clip on ;) so much more elegantly casual at the end of the night when left untied around the neck at the Baccarat table.....

(Yes, T, I AM serious)

Archived