So the Mariner is fixed?

traveller333

I read the thread about the Mariner limping to Whittier. It is interesting how many of you were on the same cruise but had such a different take on the situation. Some say no flights available so forced overnights, some say no problem making changes with empty seats available. Are you sure you were all on the same cruise? As for me I'd gladly take an eight night cruise for the price of a seven night any day. One surprise was that Regent only gave open bar for 30 minutes.

So bottom line....is the Mariner now fixed and up to speed?

A part of the difference was for those who are retired and the extra time was a bonus or those with post cruise plans that missed it because of the delay and the difference in service because some people fell through the cracks. Some people were able to "play" and socialize during the extra day and others scrambled to make alternative travel arrangements scrapping original plans.

I have heard that the ship is repaired.

Chatkat

Some make lemonade and some just pucker up and become sour lemons. Just let it go til you see what Regent does to make you whole. ( Not above and beyond, because you made some choices on changes in your own itinerary, that were not Regents fault.) I know you are a Regent fan and have been very helpful to me in the past, but you are saying do as I say not as I do. I have been very disappointed by screwups by airlines and have never even received a free drink Please smile and wait and remain the helpful person that I have respect for.

Thanks, SueFalls, but, I guess you had to be there, take a 11 day vacation from my business, spend over $8000 and then lose out on the purpose. Being forced to scrap over 18 months of planning on top of it and still hoping that my vacation style of choice (Regent Cruises) remains so.

Not sure where you heard that I made choices in the matter, because my choice was to get off the ship on August 6th and I had no choice to do that. The rest of my trip had no availability in which to reschedule it as I had originally. My only choice is to cough up another $8000 plus to do it again another year, which I probably will not do since I've done Alaska twice on the same ship. There are too many other places to see and go and many ways to do that.

Gee, I coulda had a V8.

Archived