Red Cross rejected me after Mexican Cruise

noblepa

I have been banned now, for a number of years because I was in the military, in Europe from 1980 to 1992. Lived in England from 1980 to 1983 and in Germany from 1985 to 1992. However, the ban did not come up for several years after I had returned from Germany so I donated more then a gallon of blood (I am o+) in the meantime. I had also donated regularly since I was 18 so there was plenty of my blood out there :) My daughter always says that if I start to Moo she will know what is going on! Given that you can donate blood with any number of diseases and taking any number of drugs I think I will donate my own (if I know in advance) that I might need some. I would prefer to not take the chance with someone elses....in the meantime if they ever figure out that I am not going to give anyone Mad Cows disease I will start to donate again.

Yep....that's the list that got me "banned".....with the US Army in Germany 1983-1987. :( By moving from Virginia to Texas I escape the donor call list and since I'm now prohibited from donating I've never registered with the local Red Cross.

Sounds like the same time I was there. I was with the USAF, and stationed at Ramstein from 1983-87.

• 1 month later...

Archived