Roll Calls: B-O-R-I-N-G

BindarDundat

There are half a dozen QM2 and QE2 roll calls running here right now. Unless I'm on that particular sailing, I find these things space-wasters. I guess that's why there's a separate board for them. Now, when you come back from your cruise, please post your comments and opinions here...that's entertaining and useful.

Bindar

I personally don't think that any thread that doesn't exactly pertain to me should be removed. If we all thought like that then there would not be many messages left. However, there is a roll call section where roll calls from particular sailings are set aside for. That being said, my understanding is that there is some leeway with the Cunard thread and that roll calls have been allowed here. So if they are not endangering me I am not going to worry about it. Besides, Cunard only has two ships. What else is there to post?

I agree with Bramcruiser on this one. Doesn't seem like they take up all that much space and obviously if it's not your cruise you can just ignore them. Actually I've found some interesting tips on other roll calls so I don't mind checking them out once in awhile.

Also, some newcomers to the board may not know where or how to find the Roll Call forums and thus would miss a valuable tool, and isn't information of all sorts what we are all looking for?

Having said that, there is a Roll Call for the Dec 2nd QM2 Caribbean on the Roll call forum site. If you're planning that cruise, please come join us. :)

Cheers, Penny

to each there own. I think this thread is boring and a waste of cyber space. No one forces you to read any thread...

if you don't like the heading just skip it.

I find most signatures boring like I really care where you have been but sometimes you have to take the bad with the no so bad...

to each there own. I think this thread is boring and a waste of cyber space. No one forces you to read any thread...

I find most signatures boring like I really care where you have been but sometimes you have to take the bad with the no so bad...

SPOPKEN LIKE A REAL NEW YORKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOKEN LIKE A REAL NEW YORKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, I guess there are several reason I don't mind roll calls here.

1) Cunard doesn't have its own roll call section, even though we are prolific posters

2) Roll calls often turn into fascinating tales, tips, hints, getting-to-know-yous, and go off in so many different directins. We do tend to wander a bit. I guess that's why were are travelers And cruisers at that. Because we LOVe to Wander.

Perhaps we should change the forum name to ADHD'ers unite! We do go off on tangents! (And secants and cotangents, for you mathies out there) Also on transatlantics.

3) Even roll class other than ones I will be on intrigue me. People are always aasking questions on their roll call. They come up with ideas for their meet and greet! i dare anyone to beat the Labor Day Cruisers (already made famous) who had 91 registered cruisers and 55 at our meet and mingle, plus a few we met later (one had mal de mer, one was late due to slow service at tea, etc)

4) Well, OP, You say you've Bindar, dundat! Why don't you tell us about some of the places you've bin and things you dun!

We would love to hear about them No one can get jaded or blase about hearing another's marvelous (and even not so marvelous journeys! Please share them with us, won't you?

Karie,

who is interested in all sorts of people and all sorts of opinions and experiences.

well, I guess there are several reason I don't mind roll calls here.

1) Cunard doesn't have its own roll call section, even though we are prolific posters

2) Roll calls often turn into fascinating tales, tips, hints, getting-to-know-yous, and go off in so many different directins. We do tend to wander a bit. I guess that's why were are travelers And cruisers at that. Because we LOVe to Wander.

Perhaps we should change the forum name to ADHD'ers unite! We do go off on tangents! (And secants and cotangents, for you mathies out there) Also on transatlantics.

3) Even roll class other than ones I will be on intrigue me. People are always aasking questions on their roll call. They come up with ideas for their meet and greet! i dare anyone to beat the Labor Day Cruisers (already made famous) who had 91 registered cruisers and 55 at our meet and mingle, plus a few we met later (one had mal de mer, one was late due to slow service at tea, etc)

4) Well, OP, You say you've Bindar, dundat! Why don't you tell us about some of the places you've bin and things you dun!

We would love to hear about them No one can get jaded or blase about hearing another's marvelous (and even not so marvelous journeys! Please share them with us, won't you?

Karie,

who is interested in all sorts of people and all sorts of opinions and experiences.

Spoken like a real Tennessean!!!!

i dare anyone to beat the Labor Day Cruisers (already made famous) who had 91 registered cruisers and 55 at our meet and mingle, plus a few we met later

Karie,

Karie, I accept your dare.

I started a roll call for the Norwegian Dawn when it repositioned to New York from Miami. We had 107 that participated in the roll call and had 101 than came to our meeting on board. Also NCL provided us coffee, tea, danish and a photographer at no charge. We also had two roll call group tours, one in Grenada and the other at Martha's Vineyard. Also a 52nd wedding anniversary dinner for 76, thanks to free style dinning.

Currently we are struggling to get 16 on our cruise on the QM 2, October 12.

I don't see why there's fuss over roll call threads here. There aren't that many running and most of them have gone off on a tangent. A thread that starts out asking about other people on a cruise never stays that way for very long!

I don't see why there's fuss over roll call threads here. There aren't that many running and most of them have gone off on a tangent. A thread that starts out asking about other people on a cruise never stays that way for very long!

And there's a roll call over on the roll call boards for the Dec 2 QM2 Caribbean sailing as Penny stated.

Now that I think of it, I should start a roll call here for the QE2 August 2007 Iberian Getaway that I booked. I know of at least one other who said they are on that sailing.

Now to everyone who has posted so far! Thank you for being repetitive and so boring. Just how long can we keep this up before the thread is removed!

David

Who meant everything in the nicest of ways!

Now that I think of it, I should start a roll call here for the QE2 August 2007 Iberian Getaway that I booked. I know of at least one other who said they are on that sailing.

David

Who meant everything in the nicest of ways!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

I find it hard not to read all the threads in this Cunard part of the boards, so many good tips to be found buried under roll calls for cruises I have no chance of being on.

Boring? Far from it!

Well, I've never been one to stay silent ... :-)

I think Karie is right that the primary reason for threads being here, is that there is NO SPECIFIC Cunard section in the Roll Call area.

Case In Point:

My November 18 crossing had no thread in the "official" Roll Call area. I was unaware that one had been started here (it was buried several pages deep at the time) so I started one there ... guess what? No one found it!

However, when I found the thread here, I quickly met quite a few great folks, we have a gathering planned onboard, and the thread is well over 100 posts in all.

Contrast that with the Celebrity Roll Call area ... since that area is so well attended, the main Celebrity forum area has no problem with cross-posted Roll Call threads.

I agree that since the overall "Cunard Crowd" is smaller, it probably makes sense to just let the Roll Call threads live here.

- Spike

Sid and 2Moose

After you, Alphonse. After you, Gaston!

Dale,

Okay, but you have to beat us WITHOUT help from the cruise line. It's easier when the line officailly sanctions and supports your get-together and "donates" coffee or snacks and puts it in the daily program. We have to fight, hardscrabble for our crowd! <G> (But well done, all the same. Obvisouly NCL knows a marketing opportunity when it sees one! Why do you think everyone has a Captain's cocktail Party and a frequent cruiser party! It's part of the experience, and it gets people to buy more cruises!)

David, Last I saw, it was over 600 posts, maybe over 700 by now. That is surely not just a list of names! When my father died- y'al were all over that board with condolences. You held me together. You were all there for me. Maria called me at my hotel in Florida to tell me I had to get online and read it! (I didn't have much time to get online down there)

Nope. Nothing boring about that roll call. Or any of the people on it. I feel like I know each and every one of you! And we all cried together when Bear got bitten by that snake. When Beth had to withdraw from the Dec 2 (but not the thread!) when David had his condo get flooded (and when he hemmed and hawed about getting the Tux) when Debbi ehad to work, when Texas Trish and Arizona had that unbearable heat wave and y'all were suffering, even as we had unseasonable heat and could sympathize Relatively speaking) when hurricanes threatend BOTH of Penny's houses.

And last (Except I think I left out a response I meant to post- Hi Spike!)

I'd like to thank the OP for trolling and getting us to get our hackles up and defend our roll calls (Okay, now which one of ya'll is it? Fess up! You did that to get us talking now didn't you!)

So C'mon OP! Tell us something about yourself, We welcome all comers, even those who insult the British (like me! <G>)We don't hold grudges, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you are still reading, come on back and join the gang We really are friendly! Honest!

Karie,

who is not afraid to post her real name!

Archived