The Infamous Ship on a Stick

Hawaii697

It's a very slow day here at the ole J.O.B. and after reading the boards for a bit, I was curious as to how many of you have won a Ship on A Stick and how did you win it?

I've won a few but my favorite was when I sailed on the Destiny and the assistant CD (Malcolm-in-the-Middle) and his helper (Francesca) were having a limbo contest. The problem was they where missing the limbo pole. They where actually holding hands and having folks go under. After about 5 minutes of this (the line was really long), I came up with an idea that helped them out. I tied together 7 cloth napkins (from Lido deck). I took over to them and they continued the limbo dance without a hitch. After they announced the winner (wasn't me ;) ), they announced "the lady who tied together the napkins, please come over). Of course, I was like uh oh, what did I do :eek: !!! Anyway, they presented me with the lovely ship on the stick and named me McGyver for the rest of the cruise. Ahh, such memories :D !!

It's a very slow day here at the ole J.O.B. and after reading the boards for a bit, I was curious as to how many of you have won a Ship on A Stick and how did you win it?

I've won a few but my favorite was when I sailed on the Destiny and the assistant CD (Malcolm-in-the-Middle) and his helper (Francesca) were having a limbo contest. The problem was they where missing the limbo pole. They where actually holding hands and having folks go under. After about 5 minutes of this (the line was really long), I came up with an idea that helped them out. I tied together 7 cloth napkins (from Lido deck). I took over to them and they continued the limbo dance without a hitch. After they announced the winner (wasn't me ;) ), they announced "the lady who tied together the napkins, please come over). Of course, I was like uh oh, what did I do :eek: !!! Anyway, they presented me with the lovely ship on the stick and named me McGyver for the rest of the cruise. Ahh, such memories :D !!

My wife won 2 on the 9/1/06 Legend cruise. One for a Famous Faces trivia contest and the other for Game Show. The second one came with a bottle of chamagne.

vincenzo:)

We have 23 (at last count) and 8 medallions (they did those for awhile instead of ships on a stick). One of hubby's is so old it has a marble base, instead of the plastic. For a grand total of 31.

10 came from me singing in the Talent Contests, many more came from our oldest son winning ping pong tournaments (usually against adults) and scavenger hunts, etc. and 5 hubby won.

But the most special ones are the 3 from our youngest son (our special needs child). His first was from Mark Price for being his "favorite cruiser" and the other 2 for being the "youngest unofficial Platinum cruiser on the Cruise" on the Spirit and the Pride.

Derfette wanted a "Stick on a Ship" so badly that after she lost trivia she went up to the cruise host and asked him for one. He said if she would hug him he would give her a one, Well she came back to the cabin 2 hours later. At least she got her "Stick on a Ship"

And on the last cruise she CHEATED on trivia to get one. Time for the whips and chains.

I was disappointed when I didn't win one for a pool game, so (it was my birthday) at dinner that night my son bought me one in the gift shop and gave it to me as a present. The next day I win one for the trivia contest, so I came home with 2, but only 1 "real one". I proudly display it in the closet in the guest room at our home.

We (our team) won 2 on the GLory last year for the trivia game with WEE JIMMY! He's a hoot!

They won NO THANKS TO ME! I HATE TRIVIA!!! :eek:

Leaving on the Pride in 6 days....maybe I'll try something else to win one!

I love the family that has tons of them in there game room....that would be cool!

I have seen it mentioned before , but what exactly is a ship-on-a-stick?? Is it the equivalent of all the key chains RCL use to give out ?:confused:

Yeah, same premise as the key chains given as prizes on RCL. Except the ship on a stick is really a trophy. About 6 inches tall, gold (plastic) on a black base with the name of the ship on the front.

Archived