Navigator cabin assignment

Katysmom

We sail Oct. 28 from Nice on Navigator and have no cabin assignment to date. We have guarantee Cat. F. This is our first Regent cruise; we've never not known our cabin number this close to sailing before. This thread has helped me understand how RSSC manages cabin assignments, but I'm still concerned about it. An upgrade would be nice, but I'm more interested in location -- what we want (and usually book) is mid-ship, mid-level, port-side. If the assigned cabin is poorly located, it would be nice to have time to re-negotiate than be surprised! Oh well, I guess that much specificity won't work under Regent's guarantee program?

It's not unusual to receive your cabin assignment at the dock. That's usually good news in the form of a nice upgrade. If your category becomes available at any time you usually are slotted in. Since the lower cabins tend to sell out, you may be in line for an upgrade.

Don't be concerned. Embarkation is always very smooth...Regent shines in this department! There will be someone at the dock with a list and extra luggage tags. A quick stop for formalities and you'll be onboard and sipping champagne in no time at all.

We like our cabins low and center ship so I would never book on short notice or without having a cabin number. We were upgraded on another line some time ago and we were up too high. So to me, it's worth paying more up front for the location I want. Usually, I book early enough to have that and the category as well. A guarantee doesn't always work for everyone and to others it's a bonus to get an upgrade.

Thanks for the info. We booked Regent in early July after having to cancel a June Celebrity Baltic cruise due to a death in the family. We had originally booked the Celebrity cruise last October and requested a specific cabin at booking, so knew for months where we would be staying onboard. I hadn't encountered a "guarantee" cabin assignment before. We're looking forward to our first Regent cruise.

Archived