Price drop question...

AnnH

I have booked for the Pearl in August 2007. We have an AB for our family of 5 as well as the adjoining AF for my parents. We received the 25% off of their room as part of the special family pricing and we were also lucky enough to receive the Wednesday onboard credits of $100 and $150 for the 2 staterooms. (thanks to this board for mentioning those specials!!!)

I have been checking the rates weekly for changes. So far their cabin has gone up $100 per person.

I just noticed tonight though that our AB cabin has gone down in price $331 per person from the price we have booked at.

Now... if I ask my travel agent to try to get the new reduced rates will I -

Have to pay the increased rates on my parent's AF room?

Lose the onboard credit(s)?

The rooms have separate reservation numbers, but I have paid the deposit on both rooms myself.

Any advice?

The only way to know for sure is to call and ask. If it affects your credits, figure out if the difference is more than what the credits are worth act accordingly. If it has NO affect on your credits, and they will allow you to lower the price on your cabin, ... you have your answer. :)

Remember, in most case, OBC is just a sneaky way of saying "discount off the price you pay". So, if you pay $1800 for your cabin and also get a $200 credit, it is pretty much the same as the next guy paying $1600 for his cabin. Just a bit of smoke and mirrors.

Since are able to cancel and rebook, it is worth asking to get the lower rate.

Archived