wedding hair style

Sugar67

HELP....all along when I pictured our wedding in Ocho Rios on November 2nd, I thought my hair would be in an "up-do". In a general conversation the other day my fiancee gives me the compliment that he loves when I wear my hair down :eek: . He has no clue about my wedding hairstyle.

Should I change my plans and try to come up with something elegant that is not an "up-do"? My hair is just past my shoulders, lots of body but no natural curls with just a few layers. I am not wearing a veil and have just a small gold/rhinestone headband.

I'm hoping that some of you fashion divas will have some ideas and would really like for Curt to post the mans opinion here.

I hope this doesnt get moved to the wedding boards...this is where I feel I will get the most ideas.

Thanks for the help

How about a little bit of an updo for the headband but the back is long. Something along these lines. The question, is this an outdoor wedding? If so, then will there be a breeze. The last thing you want to have to do is keep the hair out of your face and lipstick. Logically an updo is better as it keeps it all in one place with little maintenance. Have you had a dry run. If not, do it and show him how you want to wear your hair. Just because he compliments you hair when it is down does not mean that he wants you to wear it that way for your wedding. Talk to him.

wedding-hairstyles-64-th.jpgwedding-hairstyles-54-th.jpg wedding-hairstyles-97-th.jpgwedding-hairstyles-114-th.jpg

I was going to suggest the same thing. Those pictures really help. When I got married, I knew my husband liked my hair down. I think it might depend on how you wear it everyday. As I normally wore mine down, I wanted something a little more special for my wedding day. So, for you that might mean down but with more curl, or partially up like in the pictures above.

Keep it simple. I'm guessing you are getting married outside? It will be very windy with the tradewinds and any type of 'updo' will have to be plastered to your head to stay in place and will look very unnatural in photos.

I suggest soft curls. Pull your hair off your face or you'll be pulling strands out of your lipstick.

Remember this, too much hairspray and your hair will only move in one big piece.

Good luck!

First, congratulations! You will LOVE being married, it is the best thing in the whole world....

I got married last December on the island of St. John. I actually did two different hairstyles because I couldn't make up my mind!! I did the ceremony and half my pictures with my hair half up/half down and then the rest of the pictures with my hair all down. I'll attach pictures so you can see what I mean. So, technically the best of both worlds is possible, but it takes work and a commuting hairstylist!!

Black and White photo is hair all down

Color photo is hair half up

1034606624_l.jpg

1188134211_l.jpg

No matter if it is up or down Always heard don't do a drastic hairstyle or makeup that isn't "you" for your wedding. And I believe in this.

I remember arguing with my mom many moons ago about this, I did my regular long hairstyle just a little fuller , I look at the pictures now and it is me.

You have lots of time to play with a look. Have fun with it.

No matter if it is up or down Always heard don't do a drastic hairstyle or makeup that isn't "you" for your wedding. And I believe in this.

I remember arguing with my mom many moons ago about this, I did my regular long hairstyle just a little fuller , I look at the pictures now and it is me.

You have lots of time to play with a look. Have fun with it.

Wow, I think this is great advice. I'm not married yet so I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this topic, but I think you hit the nail on the head. You want to look like you. You don't want to look at pictures and be like, that doesn't even look like me. At least, that's how I think I would feel.

And Palmlover, You looked beautiful. What a background for a wedding picture!!!

I also forgot to add one thing.... like other posters have mentioned, the wind and sea will definitely take any curls almost completely out. My hairstylist intentionally made my hair VERY curly, it was basically tight spirals that were sprayed to a crisp, and you can see from my pictures how long that lasted.... I personally liked the "wavy" look I got from it, but if you want any tight curls they may not hold just to let you know! :)

I'm hoping that some of you fashion divas will have some ideas and would really like for Curt to post the mans opinion here.

Awww! I'm complimented and blushing!:o

And I just learned the term a male "diva" is a "divo"! LOL.

Anyway, you've already gotten some good advice here...

My #1 thing is don't try to make your hair do anything that it naturally won't (as especially in the tropical weather it won't hold). Stay close to your natural...

#2 Stick to what is conservative, classical, and you. You want your pictures to remain as "timeless" fashion-wise as you can...

(And this reminds me, same thing about your makeup, natural and classic, don't do anything "now" or "trendy"...)

#3 From a man's point of view...

Honestly, your man will be so emotional and happy, and it will be such a "surreal" moment for him, that he won't care what your hair looks like.

He's just going to think that you look beautiful.;)

CJW

Keep in your mind, soft, romantic, beach wedding. I was an event floral designer for many years on Cape Cod and I can't tell you how many brides I saw, in tears, after `literally pulling their hair out of updo's. With a headful of pins and hairspray the soft, natural updo they envisioned was not the reality.

Are you having the onboard stylist do your hair? I'd suggest doing a dry run so you can come up with a happy medium between the up do and the flowing locks future hubby loves. I think a soft, natural look like Palmlover wore is perfect for a beach wedding. Anything too "constructed" would look out of place and I think once you get to the beach setting, you'll feel "overdone".

I feel for you as that is what my husband said to me as well.

We got married in hawaii, in 100% humidity with gusting winds on occasion. I was going to have my hair totally down because he like it like that, but when i thought about it, i knew it was going to be humid and would make for horrible photos, no matter how much hair spray they used.

So, i talked with my stylist and we came up with a half up/half down and it looked nice, but i should have gone with a more "glam" up do (not crazy wild or weird) because the whole wedding was very elegant yet laid back and casual. I wanted something a bit different than what i was used to having my hair like. Not only should i have done the up do because i wanted to feel "bride-y" since i did not have the poufy gown and lonnnnng train!

anyways...

this is what mine looked like:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1547&g2_serialNumber

Thanks for all the replies. I am getting my hair done on the ship for our seaside outdoor wedding. I called and made an appointment for a dry run with my hairstylist here. I'll take the camera and hope that the Carnival stylist will be able to recreate whatever she comes up with.

I asked my honey what he thought (as suggested) and guess what....Curt was right! He said it really wont matter to him, he'll love whatever I do.

I still havent come up with a style but will let you all know when we get back.

Thanks again all

looks like you got two different husbands too?? LOL:D

i am supposing one is your father?

Beautiful, wedding in heaven:cool:

OOPS Ive replied to Palmlover not the OP

Not meaning to get off topic here... but, LOL! Yes, the color photo has my sweet Daddy pictured!! I think he is almost as handsome as my groom!!:p

Archived