QE2 Forward Cabins

KarenR_UK

Does anyone know how noisy (or not) cabins 4003, 5008 and 5016 are?

These are outside MO cabins but are right in the bow.

They are coming out a lot cheaper than I expected and I am wondering whether to take one for the E707 trip (Voyage of the Vikings in June) or stick with my normal insides (where I can get a midships, higher deck cabin - I had hoped to be higher than deck 4 - those stairs from deck 5 wore me out last year!)

Though while we are at it, any adverse reports about 2015, 2023, 3011, 3021, 3049 or 3053 :D (the currently available (shown) MI cabins)

Thanks for any help:)

Karen

Should be ok. would prefer 4 deck. You may hear the anchor chain that is the only thing I can think of and being an outside cabin you will hear the sea splashing against the hull in even quite calm weather, but maybe you like that,which is one reason I opt for an inside cabin.:)

Thanks everyone for your replies - looks like there should be no real problem then (as long as I can sleep at night, i'm fine) - Not sure about hearing the waves against the ship:D (that started me thinking about the fact that deck 5 is practically on the waterline, and what happens (being right at the front) if we hit something (an iceberg:eek: ) :D )

Now to decide if

a) i 'need' <LOL> an outside for this cruise

b) which one - the small one on deck 4, or one of the larger on 5

I hate making decisions!

Karen

Karen,

Do you mean some cabins are shown as available on a website? If so, could you please tell me where you can get this info?

Thanks.

Spinnaker

On the UK Cunard site you can see the available cabins by selecting the cruise you are interested in (I just use voyage finder) and selecting the 'book online Now' tab (wait while it loads...) and select the cruise again.

You then have to enter the number of passengers (I don't bother admitting I've sailed with cunard before - that means more data entry and I'm only coming in to have a look:) )

You then get the list of cabin grades and prices.

Up until yesterday I would select the grade and go through several more pages to get to cabin selection, but guess what I noticed yesterday :D - a little link next to each grade saying view available staterooms!!

Click it and another window pops open with the list (note the scrollbars - there is more info if you scroll down) - it gives size, deck etc - I don't know if all available staterooms are listed, perhaps just the 'best' 5 or so, as it would seem unlikely that there are deck 2 & 3 single rooms left but none on deck 4 or 5 - but who knows!

(If you go into the booking pages proper, you get the option to enter a cabin, and if its not available it says so - however if it is available you get taken to a new page for entry of credit card details, and it won't let you leave that page til you enter something :( (doesn't have to be valid tho:) ) - when I was doing that (to see if some of the larger cabins were left - they weren't <LOL> ) cabins were available that were not in the original list.

Bit of an essay there....

Hope it helps (just keep away from my 3 outsides & 6 insides on E707 til I have made my mind up:D )

Karen

Spinnaker

On the UK Cunard site you can see the available cabins by selecting the cruise you are interested in (I just use voyage finder) and selecting the 'book online Now' tab (wait while it loads...) and select the cruise again.

You then have to enter the number of passengers (I don't bother admitting I've sailed with cunard before - that means more data entry and I'm only coming in to have a look:) )

You then get the list of cabin grades and prices.

Karen

When I tried this for the cruise we are booked on in August 2007 I found that only very high grades were showing as available i.e. P4 and above. However, if I log in under the World Club and then try and book from there I find that all grades are listed. I am not sure why this is though, is it because certain grades are not on general release yet and are only available to World Club members perhaps?

Karen,

Thanks very much for your detailed response - most helpful. And don't worry - you have first dibs on the E707 cabins!! :D (Actuall, it's the E708 cruise I'm interested in so perhaps we'll be ships (passengers) that pass in the night!!

Couldn't get anything for the 2nd Jan 07 crossing to Fort Lauderdale though - it's listed but there's no 'book online now' tab. I tried logging into World Club and then searching to see if that made any difference and it did - it's not even listed!!

Karen,

Thanks very much for your detailed response - most helpful. And don't worry - you have first dibs on the E707 cabins!! :D (Actuall, it's the E708 cruise I'm interested in so perhaps we'll be ships (passengers) that pass in the night!!

Couldn't get anything for the 2nd Jan 07 crossing to Fort Lauderdale though - it's listed but there's no 'book online now' tab. I tried logging into World Club and then searching to see if that made any difference and it did - it's not even listed!!

I did consider E708 - but it's Iceland that I decided I really wanted to see, hence 707 - think I have decided on which outside cabin - that is if I decide to go for an outside :D.

(Having looked at th deck plans, what I want to know, with the outside of the ship being the 'expensive' bit, who decided to put bathrooms on the hull, leaving, in some cases, what looks like a narrow corridor to the porthole!:confused: )

For the Jan 07 one, did you try the booking request tab - it seems to have a book online button - have to admit I didn't get much further though:D

Up until yesterday I would select the grade and go through several more pages to get to cabin selection, but guess what I noticed yesterday :D - a little link next to each grade saying view available staterooms!!

Click it and another window pops open with the list (note the scrollbars - there is more info if you scroll down) - it gives size, deck etc - I don't know if all available staterooms are listed, perhaps just the 'best' 5 or so, as it would seem unlikely that there are deck 2 & 3 single rooms left but none on deck 4 or 5 - but who knows!

Karen - Have you found a way of seeing more than the cabins on the first page?

Karen - Have you found a way of seeing more than the cabins on the first page?

No!

The only way, as far as I can see, is to go into the booking system proper and start to enter cabin numbers - its ok if the cabin is not available, you can retry, but if it is available you end up on the credit card page, and you have to enter something :eek: (from memory, its not validated - any number will do) before you can go back to the 'state room page'

With the cruise and grade I am interested in it isn't a problem any more - most of the cabins were taken!:D Now its down to 3 cabins (in MO) there's no problem at all, LOL

Karen

(I have sort of proof read this, but I have been down the pub, so any for spelling issues I ask your apologies!)

Booking tomorrow ... if its not the drink talking!!!!

(Last time I decided to book 'now' (for Aug 2006) - my boss called me into a meeting!!!!:eek: Panic stations, someone might take my cabin - was ok that time - but have been called to a meeting for 9am (til 11 am) tomorrow - nobody better take my cabin :D )

Archived