Destiny wrong time

ronnarel

Poptart-- Im glad to hear your first crusing experinece didnt turn you away from enjoying others.

Although the Destiny isnt for me-- Im still cruising in another 149 days.

I guess we will have to read your review on the Princess boards for your next cruise. We almost sailed her this year. I would like to know he she is.

Have fun!

I am very excited about cruising Princess come February- paid a bit more then any of the Carnival cruises.

But wanted to see what its like to dine anytime with going to different dining areas instead of a buffet only option. That was my main reason for doing Princess.

The second reason is 3 ports and 2 sea days in the begining and 2 at the end..so it should be more relaxing then in the past.

Serene,

you should LOVE princess...no flaming here carnival fans!! LOL we sail on the destiny in 3 weeks...

we sailed a princess ship 3 years ago from san juan...it was exactly as Serene described her cruise from san juan...full of locals...didn't bother us one bit ... so it is not just the carnival ship from san juan..happens on other lines too!!

anyway, as much as we love carnival, we had a great time on the princess cruise too!! :) you will love anytime dining...it is very nice to not feel "rushed" when getting ready for dinner...and the "ambiance" is different...

Happy cruising!! :)

Marsha

It was really nice not going to the dining room and getting all duded up last week. We spend a great amount of our eating time on thebuffet since Tuesday last week.

Spent a total of maybe 45 minutes for dinner each night compared to the 2 1/2 hours it was taking in the dining room.

RVR-- yes-- a sailing depends on what port ya sail from.

RVR-- yes-- a sailing depends on what port ya sail from.

Also on the time of year. Puerto Rico is a great port to sail from in the winter because you know it is going to be warm. Florida may or may not be. Therefore, cruises fill up in the winter and there are not such good deals for local people.

I know it's off topic here, but have you ever sailed out of Galveston.........and if so what did ya think?

Nope= too far for me to travel. The furthest out we sailed from was NOLA= now that was impressive for me.

Learned a lesson this time. Don't quite no how to remedy it next time unless someone has some suggestions. Found out after the cruise that there was apparently a special offer for people in San Juan to cruise for a ridiculously low price. The ship was full of local people especially late teens and early 20's. Thus every announcement and instructions had to be repeated in Spanish. Have no problem with that except I don't speak it. Wish I did and may attempt a course in it. It was a bit annoying but I'm sure it was for both.

And the fact of so many kids and partying was not of our liking.

Now my question is. how do you find out some idea of the make-up of the cruise and if there are any big groups sailing? ( please try not to flame me too much).

I understand your feeling on this matter!

I started planning a family from around the world cruise to celebrate grandma turning 100 years old!

My first choice was Princess due to compared costs and things to do for all ages from 26-100, however I learned from princess that the same time we were going they booked the gay/lesbian cruise on that ship.

While I don't care either way, infact I thougt it would be one big party with less kids on board GRANDMA was born in a different time. She would not understand. She recently just got her first remote tv and WON'T use it.:rolleyes:

Point is I would ask when you book your next cruise.

You would not be asking out of hate, but compadiblity.

Same reason I would personally not book a cruise that would have high amount of children. Just not compadible to me at this point in my life.

Archived