QE2 Sighting - 19Sept2006

bobby1119

Doug, do you know anything about this topic - where QE2 is scheduled to tie-up following the January and April crossings ???

Based on yesterday, my guess - note, this is only a guess - would be Manhattan. There was no ship in Brooklyn yesterday so there was no reason for them not to berth there, that I know of.

Frankly, I am not even sure if QE2 could berth in Brooklyn if she wanted to - she is not the most manoeuvrable ship in the world and the Brooklyn berth is not easy in that respect...

Based on yesterday, my guess - note, this is only a guess - would be Manhattan. There was no ship in Brooklyn yesterday so there was no reason for them not to berth there, that I know of.

Frankly, I am not even sure if QE2 could berth in Brooklyn if she wanted to - she is not the most manoeuvrable ship in the world and the Brooklyn berth is not easy in that respect...

Is it possible that Manhattan was chosen because this was a cruise stop port of call and not the end or beginning of a cruise/crossing? Berthing in Manhattan would be the better choice in terms of tourism... Broooklyn makes the sights of Manhattan less accessible.

I am hoping we depart from Manhattan on the world cruise. When I called Cunard just the day before, they "confirmed" that QE2 would berth in Red Hook. So clueless. Perhaps QE2 has a right proper mind of her own!

On another note, I waited across the river from where I took the photo for the ship to sail. I gave up at 7:05 when it started to rain. Do you know what caused the delay?

Glad you liked the photo.

Bobby

I was staying at the Hyatt on the Hudson in Jersey City on Tuesday morning. I had told my hubby that I WISHED we'd see the QM2 (we will board Dec. 16th) and he said there's not much chance of seeing a Cunard ship because they dock at Red Hook. I was up early to take pix of the sunrise across the river when who comes sailing by... to my utter surprise and delight... QE2! I probably woke up my neighbors with squeals of delight. I will post pix as soon as I get them the digits out of the camera and onto a hosting website. Then do I post links? How do I get the pix to show up here?

I was also able to see QE2 in Newport yesterday (cruise critic member RJMS is aboard). What a beautiful sight! Was able to get some good pictures from Fort Adams which I hope to be able to post later. It was a shame to leave and watch everyone going back on board!

Morgana (Sharon)

Archived