Toddlers on Majesty of the Seas

sbgold10

Help, I won't be able to leave my 20 month old home. Can anyone give me tips on getting around with him and activities, our cruise is 11/13/06 or should I just change my dates. And is it true is it cooler in the Bahamas during November. Any suggestions will help. Thanks

I guess it depends on what you want from your vacation. I doubt if a 20 month old will get much out of a cruise--and you'll be severly restricted on your activities, as well!

But--it's quite doable! Just bring the smallest stroller--the hallways are tiny. Look into getting in-room babysitting--so you can go and do some adult things!

Remember, no pools for kids not yet potty-trained!

They also have the Aquababies program each day for about an hour. It is one of the Adventure Ocean staff and a bunch of Fischer-Price toys on a mat in one of the lounges. The toddler must be accompaied by an adult care-giver. Our grandaughter (age 23mos. at the time) enjoyed it. There really is nothing else for children that young. Our dd said she would never do it again with a "baby", but she still enjoyed her cruise and I am sure you will. too! You just need to plan well and be very organized. Have fun!

We just cruised with my 20 month old in August and had a great time. We went to the Aqua Babies program every morning and she met another little girl. The schedule worked out great. She got up and we got ready for breakfast,ate, walked around some, went to Aqua Babies, took a nap (make sure you take a sheet for the pack in play), got up and had lunch, walked around deck, enjoyed the music by the pool or went to activities for us (she loved going to these too, if she got unhappy my husband or I would take her out for a bit), went to dinner, then she went to bed. We did use the in-room babysitting a few nights and it worked great. The staff was terrific with her all around the ship. Let me know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great time!!!

Archived