What clothes do you wear mostly DAYTIME?

Are bathing suits and coverups the clothes that most wear during the day?

If u change, how many times during the day? What do you wear on excursions such as Dunn's Falls etc. Want to know how much shorts, bathing suits, tank tops to pack for the 7 day western cruise on mariner.:rolleyes:

I'm a shorts and t-shirts (or polo shirt) gal during the daytime. For excursions, I wear whatever is most appropriate. If it's a swimming/snorkeling excursion, then a swimsuit with a coverup is my choice. If it's a walking tour: shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes (sneakers to my "yankee" :) husband).

I vote for whatever is appropriate however....day usually comfy shorts and shirts...whatever is comfy!!!!! capris are popular...one excursions....shorts/shirts or capris if I am not getting "nasty" of some type!

We change in late afternoon after showers for night stuff and that depends what is on the schedule....still comfy though!

Lou

Katie --

We usually put bathing suits & cover ups on in the morning & keep them on all day. I bring 2 pairs of shorts for 7 day cruise & about 4-5 casual tops. At least 1 top can be worn with capris for casual night dinner. We rarely change before getting dressed for dinner. If you do not anticipate spending a lot of time on excursions, by the pool etc., you may need more daytime clothes.

Each cruise I bring far too many clothes, then again any time I travel I tend to bring too many clothes.

I took note this year as to what I wore so that in Feb. 05 - AOS - I don't bring things I just don't wear.

During the day at sea I am in my bathing suit and coverup all day...then at round 3ish when we have had enough sun and swim I shower and change into shorts and a tank or t-shirt. For dinner I wear either capris or sun dresses as others have said.

For shore excursions I always wear shorts and a tank, depending of course on the excursion, but with me it is all about the tan...won't wear t-shirts, must be sleeveless, don't want, as it wonderfully called, a farmer's tan.

This year, we are only doing 1 formal night, as my daughters 23 and 18, don't want to do two.

But always remember to bring a light jacket or sweater to wear, something versatile, for walking on the ship at night, as I find the wind to be a bit cool after a day in the sun.

I usually try and bring dresses(cotton sleeveless) to wear for dinner and then I use those as coverups for my bathing suit. I always bring capris (just because I feel more comfy in those) for dinner and for our port days and wear my bathing suit under that. There are some islands that do not accept bathing suits/coverups as appropriate clothing. I always bring downy fabric softner to freshen my capris and cotton dresses after I have worn them for dinner.

We were on a Mariner cruise in June--you're going to have so much fun!!!

I've always been a 'shower and do my hair first thing in the morning' type of girl but found that showering before dinner worked best on the cruise. After a day of sea breezes, swimming, laying by the pool and applying layers of sunscreen, a shower about 5 p.m. was heavenly.

I pretty much lived in swimsuits and either a coverup or shorts/t-shirt over my suit during the day and on shore excursions. It was just too darn hot for capris during the day--better to be cool and comfortable.

I am a guy, and typically wear shorts all day. At dinner time, I change into whatever is appropriate. My shoes are white deck shoes. I have a special shirt that has a clock applique ; always at 5:00 ! So I can drink anytime I choose.

Gene in Birmingham

This is a great question and is a good reminder for me to practice the lessons I SHOULD HAVE learned through previous cruise experiences (and land trips too) about taking too much stuff. On cruises I have found myself wearing my swimsuit and coverup pretty much all day. In fact, I've been looking for a new coverup but can't find one that is any improvement over the one I already have. I plan to wear capris and tees for excursions (we used to call capris "clamdiggers" or "pedal pushers" and I swore I wouldn't ever wear them again -- but now it's hard to find anything else!). "Comfort" is the name of the game for me now!! Enjoy your cruise, and be comfy.:cool:

Bathing suits and cover ups with sandals for daytime. Evening, casual or Formal for dining room, and as you prefer for the rest of the hours till sleeping......... OH, lets go...........Bring few clothes, more $$$$....

Register for the Mix & Mingle cruise critic party on the Roll CAll boards for your ship now.. Rhapsoday 8/1-8/8 is looking for 10 more to make 25 and the party...........

LRSkier

Always an over-packer! Last year on Princess there were self-serve laundries on each deck. Does anyone know if the jewel of the Seas has a laundry? (I promised hubby I wouldn't over-pack this time!) We were zinged $75.00 at the airport on our way home for being over-weight!

I don't think we have been in anything other than shorts or a bathing suit (cove-up for my wife) during the day time. That brings up a question...Wjhy does my wife, who is fairly pleasing to look at, always wear a cover-up, while I, who am far from pleasing to look at, never wear a cover-up? Something should change there.

I don't think we have been in anything other than shorts or a bathing suit (cove-up for my wife) during the day time. That brings up a question...Wjhy does my wife, who is fairly pleasing to look at, always wear a cover-up, while I, who am far from pleasing to look at, never wear a cover-up? Something should change there.

It's called MODESTY, and it's a GIRL thing....;) When a man puts on a t-shirt with his swim trunks, that's all the cover-up he needs. :)

• 3 months later...

I want your shirt!!! :D

I am a guy, and typically wear shorts all day. At dinner time, I change into whatever is appropriate. My shoes are white deck shoes. I have a special shirt that has a clock applique ; always at 5:00 ! So I can drink anytime I choose.

Gene in Birmingham

On Sea Days...

Always in a swim suit.and use a matching sarong type cover up for quick trips to the bar,RR or room.But also carry a nicer sundress type with me to change into for running around the ship,and eating in the windjammer or DR.

Excursion days,if its not too windy,I will try to wear a dress over my Bathing suit,as I still try to do as the Island request and dress appropriatly.But still have worn shorts,because its almost necassary for running around those windy Islands.

Archived