Privacy in Suite?

strype2

We are thinking of sailing to Bermuda on Explorer next summer for our 35 Wedding anniversary and our Daughter and Son-in-law 1st anniversary. They were married on our 34th anniversary. I was thinking of putting all of us in a suite. Are they all one very large room? Are the sleeping areas separate? Will there be privacy issues? Otherwise it looks like we will need two rooms. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MJ

We are thinking of sailing to Bermuda on Explorer next summer for our 35 Wedding anniversary and our Daughter and Son-in-law 1st anniversary. They were married on our 34th anniversary. I was thinking of putting all of us in a suite. Are they all one very large room? Are the sleeping areas separate? Will there be privacy issues? Otherwise it looks like we will need two rooms. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MJ

I believe that only the Royal Suite and the Royal Family Suite have a separate bedroom. Most suites are just one large room. If you are concerned about privacy two cabins would be the way to go.

I believe that only the Royal Suite and the Royal Family Suite have a separate bedroom. Most suites are just one large room. If you are concerned about privacy two cabins would be the way to go.

There are curtains around the main bed area in the Grand Suites and Owner's Suites (at least the ones I've seen -- I can't speak for the entire fleet), so there is a certain degree of privacy . . . but reading between the lines of an 'anniversary celebration' . . . if it were me, I would choose two cabins. :D

Thanks,

MJ

They are still newlyweds, I would go with two cabins.

I have stayed in the Owners Suite on the Voyager and Explorer. There is a curtain that goes around the area of the bed, closet and vanity. If you are looking for the privacy that I think you are suggesting, you won't find it there. The double closet is by the Queen bed and the only outlet is by the vanity. But the OS is big and has lots of storage space. The bathroom has a Jacuzzi, shower, bidet and double sink. It is a room to "share".

Get 2 rooms. Even if there are 2 separate sleeping spaces in the suite--ypu still won't have the privacy that an anniversary trip deserves! You can see each other all you want--but you don't need to be joined at the hip every second! Get 2 rooms!

Archived