Century - Hair Dryers

slotaddict

Are they the same kind as on the Zenith, stuck in a drawer and burn your hands.:eek:

Ours was not the kind in a drawer.... it was fixed to the wall above the toilet in the bathroom and seemed quite good to me although I have easily dried hair cut short so it never was blowing long enough to find out if it would burn your hands.

Just off the Century in a Sky Suite and hair dryer was great - stuck on wall near sink/door to bathroom. I actually stood outside the bathroom to dry my hair. It has 3 settings for air and a button to hold down to work.

I liked it and I have medium length hair.

We cruised both the Century (old) and Mercury and found the dryers to be falling apart and had to wrap a washcloth around the handle to keep from burning my hand. The ones on Summit were better quality but were showing some wear & tear from our first sailing on her in 2002 and our recent one in January. I have short hair and will probably bring my own dryer in the future.

I would love to see X refurbish all their Century Class ships put new appointments in all the cabins rather than keep building bigger ships. Another wish on my list is that they would take a page from Oceania and build a couple of new smaller ships to cover all the market.

I will disagree - the new hair dryers on the Century did not get hot on the hand and were very easy to use.

Yes I have had hair dryers that were terrible but not on the "new Century"

Francine

Well that is good to know. Thanks for the information. I still always bring on with me. My travel dryer is so small and powerful. I am sure that occasionally the dryers don't work and this would be hard for me. My hair is long and takes a while to dry. But still nice to know.

slotaddict -- We were in 9153. Could occasionally hear the "ding" of the elevator when it stopped on our floor but other than that, the cabin was fine.

WE are in room 9071, so same floor, looking very forward to this trip, in fact its getting so close, I CAN HARDLY STAND IT.!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Archived