Opinions on RT Seattle 4 day repo. cruises???

mlmagic

Have not sailed with Celebrity yet, but we live near Seattle, so was looking into taking a 4 day repo. (2007) cruise to victoria, etc. How are these cruises, want to take my Mom as a gift and it's a great small getaway for us, but was wondering about service, food, do you get the same treatment as on the longer cruises? I appreciate your help!

~Lysa ;)

Hi there,

Last year we took a 3-day out of Seattle on the Mercury. It was our first Celebrity experience and it was wonderful. I recently sailed on Celebrity again and was even more impressed. I don't think that the service suffers at all with Celebrity on the shorter cruises. I say go for it!!

Happy Cruising! ;)

Tammy

Hi there,

Last year we took a 3-day out of Seattle on the Mercury. It was our first Celebrity experience and it was wonderful. I recently sailed on Celebrity again and was even more impressed. I don't think that the service suffers at all with Celebrity on the shorter cruises. I say go for it!!

Happy Cruising! ;)

Tammy

Thanks alot Tammy...I am relieved, I read soooo much crap about the Mercury, I feel scared to book it, Did you notice dirty carpets, bedspreads, frayed furniture, bad food, etc. I feel hesitant...although I know some people whine about everything! Could you please tell me, how were the public areas, rooms, beds? We are not picky whiner's, but I do want clean, nice surroundings:confused: Thanks so much! It will be a "sampler" cruise for my Mom and Dad, want them to like it, so they will go again!

~Lysa

Hi,

For the Pacific Northwest, they usually happen in both May and September or October as the ships transition in and out of Alaska. I think last year I just happened to be searching on a travel site and it asked how many days I wanted, or brought the list of cruises up with the shorter ones listed first. Ta-da!

There are lots to choose from, so I would look either on a travel site, or go to the website of the individual cruise lines. The only way to know if they are truly repo cruises (i.e. moving from one market to another) is to see what that particular ship is doing just before or just after this shorter cruise.

It's a great sampler and a fun, quick get-away. Also, if you're thinking of becoming a regular cruiser, you can build up your status with a particular line by taking more of the shorter cruises and soon you'll be an elite frequent cruiser!!

Take care,

Tammy

I think the Mercury cruise would be a nice little getaway for you and your mother. I wouldn't worry about the reviews. I have been on four different Celebrity ships and they were all wonderful.

As for Victoria in particular- you are going to love it there! I think that cruise goes to some nice ports and I had thought about surprizing my mother for her 68th (September 20th) but then I found out my sister was coming to visit for her for her birthday and decided against it. My mother lives in Seattle.

Have a great time!

I think the Mercury cruise would be a nice little getaway for you and your mother. I wouldn't worry about the reviews. I have been on four different Celebrity ships and they were all wonderful.

As for Victoria in particular- you are going to love it there! I think that cruise goes to some nice ports and I had thought about surprizing my mother for her 68th (September 20th) but then I found out my sister was coming to visit for her for her birthday and decided against it. My mother lives in Seattle.

Have a great time!

Thanks so much Rebecca, I am not going to worry about it, the RT out of Seattle is perfect for us and 4 days is just right for my Mom. I have been to Victoria and I love it, but my Mom has wanted to go there for 20 years! Now we can go together! I can't wait...:)

I'm not a Celebrity vet....we're taking our first Celebrity October 9th for 4 days. But you may not have the opportunity to do a short one in 2007 as I understand the Mercury is abandoning Seattle in favor of Vancouver next year. However, taking the train from Seattle to Vancouver and boarding in the afternoon is a good option. We've done that 2 times. In the past, Holland America has had short ones out of Seattle, and may have them in 2007.

Bill

:) Good evening,

Actually, MERCURY will do the now annual ''Pacific Northwest Sampler'' cruises, 3 or 4 days, from Seattle next September, although homeported in Vancouver for the summer season. Her very last Vancouver -7 day inside passage''cruise, leaving 14th Sept. will terminate in Seattle, from where she will then proceed to do 4 samplers before heading to Australia.

Cheers

Claude G

;)

Lysa, if you can stop on a dime, there is a fabulous happy hour special for MERCURY that sails NEXT MONDAY (Oct. 2) on a 4 day cruise ... it's only $299 pp Oceanview! Great way to see if you love Celebrity on the cheap. We booked it a month ago, and it was a bit more than that. :rolleyes: So if you can do a very last minute cruise, this would be ideal. :)

Good luck ... I am sure you will love Celebrity ... it only took one cruise on CENTURY and we were hooked. That was over 7 Celebrity cruises ago!

Best,

Nicki

Lysa, if you can stop on a dime, there is a fabulous happy hour special for MERCURY that sails NEXT MONDAY (Oct. 2) on a 4 day cruise ... it's only $299 pp Oceanview! Great way to see if you love Celebrity on the cheap. We booked it a month ago, and it was a bit more than that. :rolleyes: So if you can do a very last minute cruise, this would be ideal. :)

Good luck ... I am sure you will love Celebrity ... it only took one cruise on CENTURY and we were hooked. That was over 7 Celebrity cruises ago!

Best,

Nicki

Thanks Nicki,

I would love to jump on that one, but have out of town business that week, so we are booked for next Sept. Thanks for the info though, I hope Celebrity/Mercury will be great! Only cruised Princess, so looking forward to seeing how other lines treat ya!!:)

Lysa

Archived