Holland America Lawsuit

south1246

:D

This just sounds like another law suite that's going to hit the skids.

I don't think the second part of the suit is necessarily a loser though. Collecting a fine from a pax for the express purpose of being paid to the government is not HAL's to keep if the fine is never imposed, IMO.

Well, on June 3, 2005 NCL cancelled the Dream's port visits to Sitka for the ENTIRE SEASON yet they kept marketing Sitka as a stop clear into September,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,collecting port fees and never returning a penny of them to passengers who'd paid. We weren't even told that we weren't going to Sitka until after we boarded and "heard" it being buzzed around.

That was quite a bit of unfair port fees into their pocket.:mad:

Well, on June 3, 2005 NCL cancelled the Dream's port visits to Sitka for the ENTIRE SEASON yet they kept marketing Sitka as a stop clear into September,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,collecting port fees and never returning a penny of them to passengers who'd paid. We weren't even told that we weren't going to Sitka until after we boarded and "heard" it being buzzed around.

That was quite a bit of unfair port fees into their pocket.:mad:

Yes I do believe thats a truism.

In Bermuda as well they charge for THREE Ports of Call ..Even though the Government only levies One Charge no matter how many Ports the Ship goes in... there.

NCL ..how in Charles Dickens do they get away with it? Have you seen the Sky High Taxes and Fees they post? How also do they charge these for the same Ports and Taxes other Cruise Lines have which are identical...?

Doesnt the FTC see this or the Commerce Dept.? This is not a new thing either to amas. I have seen this going on prior to Star taking over when NCL was almost insolvent... and why did STAR carry this practice foward then..?

Inquiring minds want to know...:eek:

I don't think the second part of the suit is necessarily a loser though. Collecting a fine from a pax for the express purpose of being paid to the government is not HAL's to keep if the fine is never imposed, IMO.

Maybe so, but how many takers want to bet that the HAL bookeepers and Lawyers show up with the proper receipts? :rolleyes: I would still like to know how the plantiff's attorney knows what HAL's books show? :rolleyes: The bad thing is we may never know how this comes out. The media rarely reports the outcome after they stir the pot :D

Archived