Freedom - Oceanview or Inside Cabin?

colover

Our family of 5 will be cruising Freedom of the Seas next October. All the family suites are already booked so we're looking at two connecting ocean view cabins or two connecting interiors on a higher deck...can't afford two connecting balconies and the few connecting balcony/ocean view are already booked. Anyone have any recommendations on the preferred location? We will be using the Adventure Ocean program for our three kids on sea days so we thought a higher deck might be preferable. Also, it's closer to the pools. Any ideas on whether lower with ocean view vs. higher inside cabin is better? Also, any opinions on front vs. back of the ship cabins. I read a few reviews about odors in the back of the ship, but I've also heard about more movement in the front of the ship. Any suggestions at all would be helpful as it will be our first cruise as a family. Thank you!

You will feel the least amount of movement higher up, and at the middle. We just got off Freedom last week, and we never felt movement, until the last night when there were 45 mph winds, and we barely felt it then !

I prefer oceanview if you can swing it, only because it's nice to look out. Pools and windjammer are on deck 11, so the higher you can get, and near the elevators by the hump, it will be very easy for your kids to get where they want to go. We stayed on the hump and really loved the location for ease of getting to everything !

You will have a blast on that ship no matter where you are !

Have fun,

Sue

You will feel the least amount of movement higher up, and at the middle. We just got off Freedom last week, and we never felt movement, until the last night when there were 45 mph winds, and we barely felt it then !

I prefer oceanview if you can swing it, only because it's nice to look out. Pools and windjammer are on deck 11, so the higher you can get, and near the elevators by the hump, it will be very easy for your kids to get where they want to go. We stayed on the hump and really loved the location for ease of getting to everything !

You will have a blast on that ship no matter where you are !

Have fun,

Sue

Think you have that a bit backwards, for less motion its best to be lower and midship. (not higher)

Think of the physics of the movement of the ship. Upward and the ends move more.

If it were up to me I would choose lower with an ocean view, although you do make a good point about the higher decks being closer to the pool and childrens program. The lower decks are closer to the promande and dining rooms.

you are correct.. I knew I put that backwards after I shut my computer off last night lol.

None the less, on FOS, we felt no movement...or rare movement..and that was in 45mph winds. It was great for that !

We had a deck 3 oceanview on the Freedom which was a connecting cabin. The 2 of us did not feel cramped at all so this would probably work well for you with the 3 kids next door. The only negative is that the couch had 2 cushions rather than 3 to allow the door to be free.

Oceanviews are only available on decks 2 and 3. Everything higher up is balconies only. Here is a link to what the cabin looks like in our album --

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2909509050096246620zrmDLW

and this ......

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2191786480096246620zjXkST

Archived