Need Naples Advice

We have decided on a last minute change and would like a driver to take us to Pompei and then on the Sorrento. We would take the hydrofoil on our own to Capri and back to the ship.

A roll call member has Francesco Marrapese but I think they are doing the Amalfi coast.

Can this be done in one day? Is there still a good driver left for hire??

Can this be done in one day? Is there still a good driver left for hire??

Q1 - Yes, it can be done in one day.

Q2 - I can't help you but someone else may be able to help if they knew the specific date you're looking for.

You can also do that same itinerary by using the train (Circumvesuviania Line) from Naples to Pompeii Scavi...and than the same train line from Pompeii Scavi to Sorrento. Using the train would probably save you a few hundred dollars (depending on the cost of your car/driver). Just one more option and fruit for thought :)

Hank

I agree with the last post and I also think it will save you time. Traffic can be very bad sometimes and you don't have to worry about that with the train. I took the train twice last year from Naples to Sorrento and did not have a problem. On the way back the first time I stopped in Pompeii. I will be there this November with my son and we will be doing the same again.

Here is a website with the train schedule from Naples to Sorrento (& Pompeii).

http://www.massalubrense.it/circum.htm

Archived