Cuban Cigars?

mzbiggs

• 4 months later...
Well cuban cigars are so over reated there not the same cigar anymore. Go with the Dominican cigar there rated the best cigars in the world! They use the cuban seed the soil is better and the overall quality is better and you are always getting a fresh cigar. And guess what its not a crime to bring them home!! My two cents.

I completely agree, Dominican Cigars are so much better than Cubans. I think the "embargo" factor, makes the Cuban more coveted in the minds of some people.

You are way better off buying a Dominican or a nice Central American like a Padron. All the good torcedores have left Cuba and have either started thier own cigar line or are working for the big growers. You may be able to find a good vintage Cuban that is worth buying but you would really need to know your sticks.

two things I think the rules on Cuba and Cuban cigars are incredible stupid on the US part. We should be able to buy them when they give us Cancer we should be able to sue Castro.....

But if you buy them don't charge them no reason to leave a paper trail.....pay cash....most of the ones you see are fake anyway....

While we were in Montego Bay 2 weeks ago, we stopped in a little store between Doctor's Cave Beach and Margaritaville (same side of street) and I purchased 3 Cohiba Cuban cigars for $8 each in metal tubes with a lining of tobacco. I have purchased Cuban cigars in the past in Cozumel, but the one's from Cozumel had a nasty taste. These that I purchased in Jamaica were so smooth and had a nice smell and taste. We smoked them in Alfred's bar on the last night of the cruise. I will definitely go back to that store next time I'm there. They were authentic and no pressure from the salesman. The price was $10 each and I asked for 3 and he said OK, $8 each. I was shocked, best $6 I've saved and didn't have to haggle.

Unfortunately, correct. So you can have someone from Canada you've befriended on board to buy them like I did :rolleyes:

Try Churchill's Cigars in the Anchorage Center in Downtown George Town, OP. They are an authorized dealer, and they are close to the tender pier.

http://www.habanos.com/distribucion.asp

Actually, it is also illegal for Canadians or anyone, to bring Cuban merchandize into the US.

They take them away from you. They most likely take them home and smoke them.:mad:

You are right - that's exactly what they do...you won't get fined unless you bring back more than what an average person would. And you're right that customs smokes them as well. What else would they do? Throw them away?

Archived