I can't decide

sweet angel

Will be in St. Thomas in November for the 2nd time. Last year we did the helicopter tour and Coral World.

This year's choices are:

Magen's Bay Beach Getaway - 3 hours - $22/pp)

Ultimate Island Experience (which includes 2 hours at Magen's Bay, as well as general sightseeing) - 4.5 hours - $42/pp

St. John Beach Tour - 4.5 hours - $42/pp (sightseeing, plus 1.5 hours at Trunk Bay)

Which would you suggest? What is the best value? It will be my son (15) and me (40 year old woman).

I would recommend going to St John, especially if you've already seen some of St Thomas on a previous cruise. We spent a week on St John this summer and it's a beautiful island. Trunk Bay is beautiful, it has an underwater snorkel trail, watersports, etc.

My husband and I have been spending about two to three months a year on St Thomas for the last 5 years. I hate to say this, but go to St John. It is my very favorite US Virgin Island. We take the ferry over there often to swim, relax, snorkle, party, and eat. If you want to shop, stay on St Thomas, otherwise, go to St John.

Have fun

Sharon

I'll have to agree with Jeanee & farm girl. If you've already experienced St. Thomas a couple times, take the time to ferry over to St. John. They have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!! (Trunk Bay being one of them). Besides that they have many unique stores for shopping & restaurants for lunch and/or a snack.

St. John is MUCH more "relaxed" and Not as crowded as St. T.

I've also been to Magen's Bay a few times, and while it is nice, I would MUCH rather spend my time at Trunk Bay. The water there is very calm, crystal clear blue, and you can walk w-a-y out and it's still only about chest deep, with a nice soft bottom. You can also rent a floating mat there to relax on & soak up some sun. ahhhh, now THIS is Paradise!! There's a snack bar within walking distance of the beach, and I can HIGHLY recommend DUFFY'S LOVE SHACK for lunch.

I don't think you could go wrong by choosing the St. John package. The ferry ride alone from Red Hook to Cruz Bay in St. J offers a FABULOUS view from the top deck.

Enjoy!

Annie

Archived