Orient or Divi Little Bay

sweet angel

I certainly wouldn't worry about the taxi ride, and most probably you'd be together with a group of 6 or 8 to go to Orient.

Great Bay Beach certainly has 'facilities', along with all of the bars, restaurants and shopping of Front Street and the Boardwalk, but I wouldn't spend my day there. If you just want to grab a lounger and hang out with a cool drink while you catch the rays, ok, but I wouldn't use it for a beach when I want to be in the water.

gary

Thanks for the pictures of the Orient Beach. We are planning of going there on 11/9. We are traveling with boys 13-16. Do you see much nudity?

You will see SOME nudity - pretty much guaranteed - since people from the Naturist Resort at the extreme south end do occasionally stroll along the beach. The further north you go along the beach, the fewer nude people will be seen. Your boys will gawk the first time they see a nude person walk by and then ignore it all. We stayed at a resort on Orient Beach that had a number of families. After their first "viewing" the kids pretty much ignored any nude people and had just had fun. As on all beaches on the island, you will see many topless women (I would guess about 1/4 to 1/3 the women will be topless.) Your boys will certainly be sneeking a few peeks at the younger ones. Tell them staring is rude and all will be fine.

Archived