Daughters will turn 13 on trip ?

Vellamint

My twins will turn 13 our second day on the cruise we are considering....the Norwegian Dawn.

I am hoping they will enjoy the activities in the 10-12 group as our 2 sons will be in the 13 and up group which would make for too much togetherness (trust me on this!).

Since they are technically 12 when we board - can I safely figure they will even be allowed in the 10-12 group?

If they think it is too young - can I safely figure they will be allowed in the 13-17 group?

Does anyone have feedback on the activities for the teen group?

Thanking you in advance for your time....I am also posting this on the Norwegian boards as I am unsure where it should be.

Hi, we've been on Norwegian Sun with our 4 kids and going again on the Norw Jewel next January with our 5 kids! Our two oldest loved the 10-12 year old group but one will be 13 (just) and the other will be 13 two weeks after the cruise, so we are in the dilemna of what to do... the 12 year old does not want to go with the younger group especially when his stepbrother will be in the older group.... it doesn't help that the 12 year old looks much older and is alot bigger than the 13 year old! We may not put the older ones in the club at all. Now our girls on the other hand will be 10 and 7 and loved the kids club before, they can't wait! Apparently they are VERY strict about the age/group thing on Norwegian, so they would probably be in the 10-12 yr old group anyhow. Your daughters will LOVE IT!!!

Leah

Since two special girls :) are celebrating their birthdays, check out the birthday package...

Leave the Decorating to us Party Package!

http://www.ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#party

* Pricing is subject to change without notice

Someone celebrating a special occasion? We will decorate their stateroom with streamers, confetti, balloons and a scrumptious party cake. Just specify type of occasion.

$30.00

Item # 550 Anniversary

Item # 551 Birthday

I sent my parents the anniversary package when they sailed the POH and it was a terrific and unusual surprise for them. They really got a kick out of it and loved the cake to boot.

• 2 months later...

We went on my son's 1st cruise for his 8th birthday and he turned 8 on the cruise. Carnival let him go into the older group which allowed him to do the all night party. I just asked nicely and was accomodated. He got hooked (just like me) and on Christmas Day we'll be going on his 5th cruise to Hawaii. Now age 13 he begs to go on cruises - we've done Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska. Have a great time - it will be wonderful memories for your kids.

Archived