Towel animals anyone?

paolar47

Does anyone know where to find instructions for the towel animals? I've done a few internet searches and came up with a big fat zero.....

They are so cute, I reallt would like to know how to make them. Thank you for any information anyone can come up with.

I would ask the cabin steward to show you. I'm sure he or she would be glad to help. I actually think I remember they had a class on that on at least 2 of my cruises. Ask on board.

Does anyone know where to find instructions for the towel animals? I've done a few internet searches and came up with a big fat zero.....

They are so cute, I reallt would like to know how to make them. Thank you for any information anyone can come up with.

When we were on Splendour last January our cabin stewart gave us a photo copy of the book they use to make them. Let me know if your still interested - I'll have a look for it, scan it, and email it to you

Kim.

Hi Paolar! Did you try google? Put "rolled towel animals" in your search box. I checked it out an up came the familiar elephant! Many more, too. Have fun! Eddie and I have been experiencing "ship-lag" this week, kind of a crash back to reality after all the fun of last week on the Majesty. But we took lots of pictures to go back in spirit. Take Care

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered a couple of books on towel folding. I found the books difficult to learn from. Most of the animals didn't turn out like they looked on the photos. Just found a towel origami DVD set online and ordered it. I'll post how it was when it arrives. Looks like it goes though a lot of things on it. I found it by doing a Yahoo.com search under "towel folding instructions". I think learning by watching someone do it will be better for me. My grandkids will love it.

Loved checking out the other sites listed here. Happy to be on this group.

:)

Bye,

Shirley

We only got one towel animal while on Carnival Fascination. They took two towels. They rolled both up. ONe they made a U into and turned it upside down. That was the feet. I can't remember how they did the top towel to become a bear, or was it an elephant?? Now I can't remember. I just remember the feet. It was supposed to look like it was sitting down.

The FoldingMagic.com towel folding DVDs arrived this morning. Had the chance to watch all of the first one and am about half way through the second one. I think they are well worth the money and very easy to follow. So far the things I tried that the host was teaching turned out great. A huge change from how my towel origami looked while trying to follow directions in a book with only a couple of photos to guide me. I'll see if I can post a photo or two of them soon. Back to watching the DVD.

:)

Bye,

Shirley

• 1 month later...

Sorry I didn't post in a while. Done with both DVDs and loved them. 5 stars out of 5 from me! I can do all of the towel origami on both DVDs now without watching the instructions. I'm SO proud of myself. :cool: I'm even getting fast at making them!!! :)

Hope they come out with another volume soon because I need my towel origami fix again!!! Have to go make an elephant towel!

Shirley

My mom loved the towel animals so much on their first RC cruise that she brought the last one home. It was the monkey hanging from a hanger. I now have 2 white cruise towels and a washcloth at my house. Thankfully she was not charged for the towels.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie. Do all cruise lines do the cute towel animals? If not, which ones do? We are taking our first cruise, Alaska, on Sun Princess in May. We have seen the ad on television for Carnival (I think) showing them, but this board mentioned other lines as well, so I wondered if they might be on Princess.

I am a newbie. Do all cruise lines do the cute towel animals? If not, which ones do? We are taking our first cruise, Alaska, on Sun Princess in May. We have seen the ad on television for Carnival (I think) showing them, but this board mentioned other lines as well, so I wondered if they might be on Princess.

Out of all the cruise lines we've been on I think Carnival was the only one who did it. My favorite was the monkey hanging from the ceiling :p

Princess doesn't do animal towels :(

We cruised HAL last year and had a different animal every night!

• 2 months later...
Eddie and I have been experiencing "ship-lag" this week,

kind of a crash back to reality after all the fun of last week ...

Oh TELL me about it!

It has taken me a month to come back down to Earth!

Cruising is waaaaay more addictive than "drugs".

Thank goodness it's legal!

It's only been one cruise (so far!)...but I promise you there will be others.

This stuff is life-changing, dude!

From now on my economic viewpoint includes cruises twice a year

- that's what I'm working for now...to cruise.

I started planning the next one, the next day after we got back

God help the grandchildren, coz I'm spending it ALL!

Oh TELL me about it!

It has taken me a month to come back down to Earth!

Cruising is waaaaay more addictive than "drugs".

Thank goodness it's legal!

It's only been one cruise (so far!)...but I promise you there will be others.

This stuff is life-changing, dude!

From now on my economic viewpoint includes cruises twice a year

- that's what I'm working for now...to cruise.

I started planning the next one, the next day after we got back

God help the grandchildren, coz I'm spending it ALL!

I'm with you on that. We used to go to WDW a lot and last year my TA suggested an Alaskan cruise. That got us totally hooked so in March we did The Panama Canal and in July we're doing a Caribbean cruise. I love WDW but now I'm all about cruising. It doesn't take much time to get used to the service. And I love having the ocean rock me to sleep at night:) I just wish I could take more time off work to do more cruises like some of the really good deals that come up.

Archived