Summit Questions

johnb24

Hopefully, I can answer some of your questions. I have not been on the Summit for a few years, but I was just on the Infinity in May.

First of all, yes, you can ask the Maitre 'D to change your dining time and/or your table. BUT! This is done on a first come, first served procedure. If you choose second seating (for example) and then change your mind and ask for first seating, they will accomodate you if there is room. This also happens for your table assignment. If you find that your table mates are "not compatible", you can ask to have your assignment changed (again - on a fist come, first served basis). You must also be aware that concierge class and suite passengers get priority over other guests for these assignments.

There is no charge for the Spa pool - you just need to be over the age of 18.

There is NO LAUNDRAMAT on the ship, however, there is a "laundry and drycleaning service" with somewhat reasonable prices (as an example - a tuxedo shirt was $3.50 to launder starch and press).

As far as special places on the ship - I would absolutely recommend the specialty restaurant (I think it is called the Normandy on the Summit). There is a charge of $30 Per Person, but the service is FANTASTIC!!!

I hope this helps.

You could possibly try calling your TA to see if your table size can be changed. If that does not work,then by all means you should go right away to see the Maitre D, and ask politely for your request. They will try to help you if at all possible.

Not to miss:

The thallo pool area

enjoying some of the spa cuisine

sitting at the far aft of the ship and enjoying your lovely breakfast and the beautiful view

getting to know and enjoy your fellow dinner mates at the main dining room

be certain to be on deck when we are departing from an island, just beautiful !

Enjoy your cruise

Nadine

Nadine

How are you - haven't spoken with you for ages.

have you packed yet?

Let you in on a secret, I just washed my white linen trousers and when i was ironing them I said to hubby that this was the first item to be set aside for our holiday. He thinks I am nuts. Well, seeing as its autumn here in the UK I do not see myself wearing them again until the better weather which will be next Feb/March.

Hey I am right arn't I that the weather should be sunny and warm and def swimming costumes?

I have been reading some posts about people not even being able to go out on the upper decks cos of storms and this was in April in Hawaii. Forgive my ignorance on the geographics of USA.

Sorry another question for you (Nadine)

I see you mention about sitting outside on the balcony eating breakfast - what time do they deliver breakfast until? Although we dont linger in bed in the mornings, we do tend to "put the world to rights" with a nice cup of tea (you can tell I'm British can't you) so we have in mind ordering a very big pot of tea for 2 at about 8.30 ish with a nice glass of cranberry/orange juice. We don't tend to eat until about 11 ish to mid-day and then only something like a bacon sandwich. Do you think we can get room service to deliver this about mid day? Or something similar, like fried eggs on toast?

Archived