Review Jewel of the Seas

juried

With all your extra needs and requests, you could have kept the concierge busy all by yourself, not to mention the other 250 Diamond,+ and suite guests needing attention, LOL! Never having been spoiled by a $30,000 suite, I'm perfectly happy with the Diamond perk of having a concierge at all just for a few cocktails and to request a table change in the dining room. I know what you mean, though, about a large percentage of elderly cruisers. Our Alaska cruise a few years ago, and Canada/New England were mostly 70's and above, and the main activity ofcriticizing/complaining got old really fast! By the way, I'm 62 and DN is 81.:D

OH please... MY requests? Like what... wine delivered (any idiot can do this on line and still the conceirge mucked it up because she was so busy) Card tables reserved? Again, print a sign throw it on the table, not brain surgery here. I offered to do it myself, which she forbade. And my only other request from the concierge was floral delivery. OMG! Fresh flowers, say it ain't so!

So back off trish darling just because I can afford to travel in style don't slam me for having certain expectations. I take full responsibility for my error (in having higher expectations) and think everyone should know that just because you have the nicest suite that RCCL has to offer, means nothing in terms of additional perks or services. If anything it should make the 80% or 90% who do not have suites happy that they are getting very good service and not missing out. Also, I am telling MY truth, NOT yours, if you have a different experience than feel free to share and I will rise above the urge to slam you.

PS I have never paid even close to $30,000 for any suite in my life, that information is ridiculous and erroneous.

juried. $30,000 ridiculous, YES, erroneous, NO! You can check it for yourself at NCL.com. The total figure for two passengers on the 1/28/07 11 night western Caribbean sailing in the Garden Villa is $31,617.28(including ins.):eek: . I'd like to ad that any additional passengers sail at a very reasonable $758.64.:D

juried

As a fan of RCCL Cruises I am really sorry to hear about your stay in the Royal Suite on the JOS not being up to your expectations :(

I have cruised twice in the RS on the Jewel and on both trips the service was way more than expected :) The Concierge Mpho could not do enough to make sure our cruise was memorable :)

On reading your past post's http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3841676

I see you have had similar experiences with other ships :confused:

Everyday on a ship is a great day.

Enjoy your future cruises.

It is erroneous for ME. I did not pay anywhere near that much.

NCL can list any price they want, let them try getting it. I know that the price goes up or down depending on when and where you cruise. The old Supply and Demand. Also, this price is the starting off point, so to speak. My husband likes to haggle and he is very good at it. I cannot tell you how much but let’s just say it was deeply discounted. Trust me, get 6 friends, make the offer and give it a try…the time of your life mate.

Thank you juried for the review! I'll also be on a cruise at the end of next month and hope that they have a crew rotation or change out soon. I'm hoping that the harried crew is due to overworked mates and not the trend of rccl.

Hope your next cruise is fabulous, both in ports and in experience.

I have to agree about not getting your monies worth outta a suite............we had an OS on the MA earlier this month.and like you, we had people over........I think most "suite" people do........

You would think (for the amount of money they charge),the stuff in the wetbar would be included...Its only soda and bottled water....if not more than that.........and I dont see why you should have to pay for any hor de'horves.........its ridiculous and you should be entitled to some .........

The OS was nice,but I wouldnt spend that kind of money on it.......( I got an upgrade as a Diamond Plus)

:confused:

juried

As a fan of RCCL Cruises I am really sorry to hear about your stay in the Royal Suite on the JOS not being up to your expectations :(

I have cruised twice in the RS on the Jewel and on both trips the service was way more than expected :) The Concierge Mpho could not do enough to make sure our cruise was memorable :)

George,

Our 4th pleasure of the Royal Suite was on Brilliance of the Seas in September 2003. (Brett spoiled us). It was our best cruise ever.

We booked a B2B Royal Suite on Jewel of the Seas for last year's final Baltics with a Transatlantic to Boston for 24 days. We were looking forward to our dear Brett spoiling us again. (Truth is we like him and wanted to see him). Last we heard they promoted him to Guest relations and then he was off to South Africa. I checked out your pictures and I found him! He looks Happy:)

I have to say; like Juried we were very disapointed last year and we are moving on to try the B2B on Celebrity. It may be the end of the line for us if we find it to be the way the Jewel was. I guess it is all a gamble these days. Some get treated nice and some don't. You may be one of the "lucky" ones they want to keep around.

We are Diamond as well but we will be treated the same 'if' we have an inside cabin. Flame me too. Our money will spend just as easy on another line.

Archived