SKYPE at sea?

dansu

Technically, you should be able to use Skype from any Internet connection. However, the ships use Satellite technology. Satellite communications usually takes about 1.5 - 2 seconds to go between the ground and bird. So you are looking at about 4 seconds round trip. I suspect you will lag out if you try any real-time communications.

Of course it is.

Does it hurt?

Dan

Only if it spelled "SIKE"

a dearly missed term from the late 80's and early 90's denoting that the immediately preceding statement was false and told to mislead another person.

I really miss that show Blossom....SIKE!

a dearly missed term from the late 80's and early 90's denoting that the immediately preceding statement was false and told to mislead another person.

I really miss that show Blossom....SIKE!

But I believe in this case it is spelled PSYCH.

I'm sorry, we are not to discuss spelling and grammar problems. So flame me...

But I believe in this case it is spelled PSYCH.

I'm sorry, we are not to discuss spelling and grammar problems. So flame me...

LOL, we always spelled it SIKE in high school... I think since it really wasn't a word, but more an expression (sike yo mom :p), nobody really cared... LOL

Does anyone have a tech bone in their body? (the pee pee to pee pee thing is way over the top)

Skype is used by millions of internet users to make phone calls. The question is does it work on ships via their internet service. I would like to know.

From my experience I don't think it would because of the "chopiness" of the download... tech term is discreet transfer or something like that.

Dale

Does anyone have a tech bone in their body? (the pee pee to pee pee thing is way over the top)

Skype is used by millions of internet users to make phone calls. The question is does it work on ships via their internet service. I would like to know.

From my experience I don't think it would because of the "chopiness" of the download... tech term is discreet transfer or something like that.

Dale

Thanks...I realize that it is very easy for some to type nonsense just be to acknowledged, as I too have been guilty in the past of responding with sarcasm...but only when the suggestion of popping popcorn has been mentioned in a heated thread.

Hopefully a CC'r will respond with either a story of success or failure, as I can't believe that none of attempted to access SKYPE at sea.

I just bought a DVD player...have no answering machine in my house (or caller ID) and just bought by son his first cellphone when he went off to college....

that's how "untechno" I am!!!

The original Luddites claimed to be led by one Ned Ludd (also known as "Captain Ludd")

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

Wasn't Captain Ludd on a HAL ship?

Dale

The satellite dish seems to be able to track the satelitte for internet and TV reception.

the transfer operator encodes information about an iterated map and is frequently used to study the behavior of dynamical systems,

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_operator

Continuous From Discrete Transfer Functions

from

http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath584/kmath584.htm

Archived