Show Times on Coral

bamaman

Most shows are offered twice in one night. I think 7 and 10. They encourage late traditional diners to go to the early show and vice versa. Also, some shows are offered on a second night. In your Princess Patter you will see the schedules and if a show will be offered more than once it will say that so you can plan. The big Variety shows with the dancers are very popular so plan to get a seat at least a half hour early. There is cocktail service in the theatre to help pass the waiting time.

We had Late Traditional dining and because we were at a large table ( 10 as I remember) we were very often last getting out of the dining room. That meant that we rarely found a seat at the 10 pm shows especially at the best shows, as the other poster mentioned. After late sailings from ports we never managed to get ready quick enough to get to the early shows, sooooo we missed lots of things. I am considering anytime dining next cruise to prevent that from being an issue. Or Early Traditional might be better. A lot depends on when you are leaving the ports.

Thank you both. We also have late traditional dining. Our concern is making it to the shows afterward. We do leave port by 7 p.m. each day. If you go to the 7 p.m. show, is it over in time to make an 8:15 second traditional dinner sitting?

Am I missing something here? Every cruise I've been on (on 5 different cruise lines, although none on Princess) set up the shows around the dining schedule and told you in the daily newsletter which one to go to - sometimes before dinner for the late seating, sometimes after. You could always see a show and make your dinner seating without any problem.

Does Princess run it differently?

I can only speak for the Princess Coral/Island.

Most nights, they had two shows with two seatings, one at 7, one at 9.

Traditional dinner seatings are 5:45 and 8:30ish.

If you eat early enough, you can catch both shows. If you eat later, you miss the late show and have to choose between the two 7:00 shows.

There is also Anytime Dining where you can eat anytime you can get a reservation.

Archived