What is different about a President's Cruise?

canadagal

There will be a few extra cocktail parties, maybe a small commemorative gift, but generally not near enough lot to rearrange one's schedule to attend..unless rubbing elbows is that important to you! (BTW, I don't say that sarcastically. For some it is a big deal.)

We long ago booked what turned out to be the first segment of the BTB President's Cruise on Voyager starting 14 October. Each segment has a special shore event for those on the President's Cruise. When I complained that this was discriminatory to some of their most loyal cruisers who book way in advance and can’t, at the late date they announced the President’s Cruise, make the change to both segments, I was assured that all Seven Seas Society pax will get invites to the shore events. So, if you sign up for the whole deal you get the perks (on our President’s Cruise it is also all-inclusive), if you happen to be on board for a segment and have cruised with RSSC before, you get a shore event. On our cruise, it is an evening concert at Ephesus which actually sounds quite nice.

iam doing the 12th nov from madeira to miami one poster said thuis wass a presedents cruise is this true do you know? i have been on 2 cruises on rssc but do not count as society cruises so this is my bfirst propewr one one mentioned we will get free drinks. as i live in the uk i have heard nothing about it aparrt from it being a theme cruise

dave

Scott, DH and I are also on the October 14th segment. Are you saying that if you have not cruised with RSSC before (or are not a RSSC Society member) that these special events are not available to you?

The answer I got was in response to my specific query, but yes, my impression was that you got all the perks only if you did the B2B (even if first time with RSSC), otherwise, the segment special event if you were SSS members based on previous cruise(s).

What I could find on the RSSC site about the President's Cruises is different from what I've seen in the past and now seems to only mention the special event on the return segment (at Sorrento) and not the outbound (Ephesus). So, it is not very clear.

seabornedt: I'm not familiar with your cruise so don't know what they are doing special. I didn't know they ran any cruises that didn't qualify you as SSS after one cruise.

For those on the President's cruise, or part of it, it must be frustrating not knowing what applies and what doesn't. Has anyone checked with their TA or Regent directly to get it figured out?:confused:

For those not on the President's cruise, I think you can see that it can be a nice thing, but it probably is not worth rearranging one's holiday schedule...which I think is where this thread started.:)

For those on the President's cruise, or part of it, it must be frustrating not knowing what applies and what doesn't. Has anyone checked with their TA or Regent directly to get it figured out?:confused:

For those not on the President's cruise, I think you can see that it can be a nice thing, but it probably is not worth rearranging one's holiday schedule...which I think is where this thread started.:)

The information came from Rose Clark, the RSSC SSS program director.

I agree with your latter comment. Pick the cruise you want for the major reasons (for us, itinerary). The be happy if there is a bonus. For us, we'd picked what turned out to be half the President's Cruise, and are OK with partial benefits.

Interesting comments. Thanks to everyone! Although I guess some of the added perks to be found on a President's Cruise would be a bonus, I myself would never book one just for that reason. Itinerary and date are what both my hubby and I consider when picking a cruise and rubbing elbows with the brass is just not our style but that's not saying either that I think there is anything wrong with it for people that like to do that sort of thing. Just different strokes for different folks.

Pat

Archived