Disembarking in Barcelona

BarbaraB2

9:30 is still very early for a flight out of Barcelona. We were there in June and many missed their 10:30 flights. It all depends upon what happens at the airport and which airline you are flying. The lines were awful at the airports with more than 2000 passengers from ships arriving at just about the same time and we were taken aside to have our luggage opened which took forever. I wish you the best and hope you can make it, but I would check to see if you can carry your large luggage off. I just do not know.

What is the earliest that passengers may disembark? Are Suite passengers permitted to carry off their own luggage? We have an early flight (9:30) and wonder if we will have difficulty getting to the airport.

Thank you!

We got off Century a couple of weeks ago, we're Elite but they paid no attention to that status and issued us with later colour stickers..probably knew we had 1.30 pm local time flight...but we were still at the airport just after 8am. Make sure you are going to the correct lineup /desks as well... on our Eticket we looked like we were flying Iberia again with Iberia flight number..waited in their queue and then found out when we reached the check in desk we were really BA pax ( codeshare arrangement with BA) so had to move to the BA queues. It took 4 hours to reach the BA check in desks...undermanned! BA posts a list of both BA and IBeria codeshare flights with a time shown of when to check in.... people paid no attention to those if they saw them!The queue monitors from Logistair were utterly useless... they did nothing to make sure early flights were checking in first.The fast bag drop check in wasn't just doing fast bag PAX either.

Absolute shambles! hope you are not flying with BA !!!!

Hello,

We came through Barcelona Airport on Monday. Got of the ship just before 8am and the transfer to the airport was only 30mins, however the checkin queues were long. People who were sitting at our table who were flying with Luthansa (spelling maybe wrong), the german flag carrier took well over 1 hour. We were flying with Iberia on a codeshare with BA and checkin took around 10mins, but a very very busy airport for checkin. Getting of the ship will be fine with pently of taxis waiting but its the airport checkin which may cause you issues.

We disembarked in Barcelona last month. Loads of taxis available, the drive is about 15 minutes to the airport. We flew BA and bought our tickets over the internet; they have self-serve kiosks for electronic tickets and we whipped right through checkin.

Iberia, however, had huge lineups going on!

Can't add much more other than we stayed an extra night, and flew out about 10ish. It took us a good 30 - 45 minutes to the airport, as traffic was very bad getting out of the heart of the city -- about where busses would enter the traffic flow from ships, I believe, but I don't think there were disembarkations that day. Lines for Iberia were as horrible as all say they are. We had a code share with American, but used Iberia lines, so I don't know what to tell you about that. Best of luck getting through that mess.

Archived