Celebrity's Customer Service

Kurocat

Booked on Century through travel agent. Two weeks after booking price went down almost $200. Complained to TA. After some tricky math was told Celebrity was crediting me $15! I was actually credited with $12.80.

Emailed Celebrity and 3 weeks later was told they couldn't help me all questions should be directed to TA! A classic case of passsing the buck. I have taken more than 25 cruises, first one with Celebrity. If this is an example of their customer service, this will also be the last one.

Your travel agent should be able to resolve this for you in short order. if not, I would also look for a new TA. Since you booked through the agent, Celebrity does need to work things out through them. That's the way it works, it is not 'passing the buck'.

If all else fails, cancel and re-book. Sounds like you are far enough out not to incur any penalty.

Unfortunately, X is correct. You should be going through your TA.

We have never had any problems booking directly through x with price drops, credits, etc.......However we have travelled together with people who wanted to book through their TA beacuse they felt they were getting a better deal, and if there were problems.....they persisted and the resolutions did come, but very late.

Its quite possible that X subtracted the TA's commission, or port fees changed or a number of things.

But the correct path to follow is through your TA that booked the res. Thats what you hired them for and they should be doing their job. You shouldn't have to follow up yourself.

In the future either book yourself, or get a different TA that will do their job correctly.

Dave:eek:

I have always had trouble with all cruise lines when asking info if I have a TA.

I have been on over 35 cruises. I usually call the cruise lines myself and book cruises. Then I give it to my TA. Once the TA is involved they will not talk to you. First you need to press your TA for a price adjustment. Then if needed, on Celebrity, ask for a supervisor. Eventually they will talk to you.

Worked for me in the past. On Celebrity, as for Roberto in Customer Relations, not reservations.

Booked on Century through travel agent. Two weeks after booking price went down almost $200. Complained to TA. After some tricky math was told Celebrity was crediting me $15! I was actually credited with $12.80.

Emailed Celebrity and 3 weeks later was told they couldn't help me all questions should be directed to TA! A classic case of passsing the buck. I have taken more than 25 cruises, first one with Celebrity. If this is an example of their customer service, this will also be the last one.

Kurocat, Unfortunately this is reality when dealing with Celebrity customer service. Many TA's are discouraged by the way many things are handled by Celebrity customer service and it does take a very determined TA, who has the time, to get answers from Celebrity customer service. You are correct in saying that this just another example of passing the buck. While few will admit this, my experience has been that is is possible to talk directly to Celebrity even though you have booked through a TA. Emails to Celebrity are, in my opinion, a waste of time. Since you have already tried the "recommended way", l would try calling them yourself and ask to speak to a supervisor to receive the discount that you are entitled to.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Kurocat, Unfortunately this is reality when dealing with Celebrity customer service. Many TA's are discouraged by the way many things are handled by Celebrity customer service and it does take a very determined TA, who has the time, to get answers from Celebrity customer service. You are correct in saying that this just another example of passing the buck. While few will admit this, my experience has been that is is possible to talk directly to Celebrity even though you have booked through a TA. Emails to Celebrity are, in my opinion, a waste of time. Since you have already tried the "recommended way", l would try calling them yourself and ask to speak to a supervisor to receive the discount that you are entitled to.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Its quite possible that X subtracted the TA's commission, or port fees changed or a number of things.

But the correct path to follow is through your TA that booked the res. Thats what you hired them for and they should be doing their job. You shouldn't have to follow up yourself.

In the future either book yourself, or get a different TA that will do their job correctly.

Dave:eek:

Like Dave said it is very possible after Ta's commission adjustment etc. the money or adjustment you got was it. I would ask your TA to explain to you how they X arrived at that amount....surely your TA will know as they also have their best interests at Heart as well and would know.

Was that $200 from Celebrity's list price or from the price of your reservation? If it was the later, you should have received the full $200. If you are not in penalty period and your TA doesn't charge a cancellation fee, I would be tempted to book a new reservation with Celebrity, and cancel the one with your TA.

Also was the $200 reduction on Celebrity's website comparing the price at the time you booked to the price listed now or was the price a happy hour special only available to new bookings?

Also, your TA might not have waived the commission portion on the reduction amount which is why the amount differed. Our TA always gives us the full reduction whether it is an actual price reduction or coupon, thereby reducing her commission. If your TA does not agree to the commission reduction, your actual reduction will be less.

Archived