Taxi/Hotel Question...

kathyemma

I am sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on Nov 18th. We are flying in the night before. Holland America will provide transportation from the airport to the hotel, a night at the hotel (the westin) and then a shuttle from the hotel to the pier. The cost is 77 per person - there are 4 of us. Are we getting ripped off? I am traveling with my parents and I just want things to go as easy as possible.

Almost any hotel would cost you that much or more. Most include free shuttle from the airport; a few offer free shuttle to the pier. In any case the cost is about $6 for a taxi to the pier.

The main concern I have is that the Westin did not get good reviews on Trip Advisor. Seems that it is a long way from anything. You may have to take a taxi for dinner or any last minute shopping (wine, etc.). The other issue is waiting for the Holland shuttle to pick you up. They determine what time you arrive at the ship as opposed to making your own schedule.

But if you are looking for hassle-free travel with parents, it may still be the best bet. Holland does all the work. All you have to do is show up.

I'd like to hear from others who have stayed at this hotel recently.

$77/pp for hotel and ground transport in Ft Lauderdale really isn't that bad a deal at all if you're getting two rooms!

...and if the room aint all that great - it will make the arriving aboard ship feel that much better!

;)

Archived